PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Add another one to the score, mate. This looks fantastic. Tissue paper or kitchen roll works well in the bigger models without formers. I built one of FG's B-24's, and tissue kept the shape really well:D
Best wishes
Mick
Chrome it is then - Thanks ! Tissue is a nice soft media coming up against the firm side of paper gives a more natural curve and shape to the parts - although formers are a strengthier design, they can tend to leave a slight raise to a flat or curved surface. I'd have liked to see your B-24 mate, is she still in one piece ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwheatley View Post
Patience my friend, patience :D.
What is this ? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
I'm afraid I can't really see the chrome nozzel Mate,everything else looks up to your usual high standard so I'm sure the nozzel is too,hold it up next to your other Fireball and see which effect you prefer and go with that one but I would say that when finished and you need to take it through the fit checking movements with added sonic testing that a chrome nozzel will really give it that extra something.
I'm already on with the Da Da DAAA, Da Da Daaa, da da da ,da da da, daaa - count the da's they're all there :D CHROME it is then i was hoping you'd all go with that . More pics soon.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Nice work

Gerry and company could have used a man like you on set.

Carl
Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfduke View Post
Gerry and company could have used a man like you on set.

Carl
Many thanks for that Carl - something i could {and still do} dream of... oh for the GOOD days of proper T.V productions
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Many thanks for that Carl - something i could {and still do} dream of... oh for the GOOD days of proper T.V productions
I have to agree with you.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I can't get over how bad the Thunderbird movie was. One good thing was that Gerry was not in the mix. Jonathan Frakes should have opened his gut on opening night.

God bless Gerry, and I hope he lives long enough to give us another great show.

Carl

Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
I think there's lots of proper TV productions - especially in the scifi realm right now. Fringe, Sanctuary, Dollhouse (yes, it's scifi), and I am hoping that the new Stargate series lives up to the franchise thus far. I think the real issue is TV and movie studios trying to redo so many old series / movies. It's like hardly anybody in holly-weird can have an original idea...
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfduke View Post
I can't get over how bad the Thunderbird movie was. One good thing was that Gerry was not in the mix. Jonathan Frakes should have opened his gut on opening night.

God bless Gerry, and I hope he lives long enough to give us another great show.

Carl
Then we would see how things can and should be done - Bring back the guys who had proper modelling skills - CGI is far too SPOT ON to a point of distraction, don't get me wrong, CGI is a skill and art in it's own rights, but all too fussy and correct. Puppeteers and all the guys with all the props make for a far better environment to work and a jolly place to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
I think there's lots of proper TV productions - especially in the scifi realm right now. Fringe, Sanctuary, Dollhouse (yes, it's scifi), and I am hoping that the new Stargate series lives up to the franchise thus far. I think the real issue is TV and movie studios trying to redo so many old series / movies. It's like hardly anybody in holly-weird can have an original idea...
This is true to a point, but a remake of anything requires far more than a BASIC understanding of the format of the original production - You must have at least one member of the original production to pass on the all too obvious missing elements, and those elements lost are a key structure to what ever they try to duplicate - actual or elemental. O'k back to model making :D F.A.B !
Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 AM

Gerry was/is the man!

Quote:
Then we would see how things can and should be done - Bring back the guys who had proper modelling skills - CGI is far too SPOT ON to a point of distraction, don't get me wrong, CGI is a skill and art in it's own rights, but all too fussy and correct. Puppeteers and all the guys with all the props make for a far better environment to work and a jolly place to be

This is true to a point, but a remake of anything requires far more than a BASIC understanding of the format of the original production - You must have at least one member of the original production to pass on the all too obvious missing elements, and those elements lost are a key structure to what ever they try to duplicate - actual or elemental. O'k back to model making :D F.A.B !
It should aslo be noted that Gerry has been/was handicapped by his ex-wife Sylvia Anderson's constant legal and personal attacks. I think that he is free to get some work done now without all that mess, (I hope his age does not get in the way now).

Carl, (Surfduke)
Old 07-17-2009, 07:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Gerry seems determined as ever to get something back on TV despite being 80.Last news was he was to be involved in the proposed UFO remake which will hopefully stop a repeat of the awful well you know,that film! and he is attempting to buy back the rights to Thunderbirds in order to produce a new version. Further credit if any were needed should be given to the creator of many childhoods for turning down a much needed $750,000 to write an endorsement for that film.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Gerry seems determined as ever to get something back on TV despite being 80.Last news was he was to be involved in the proposed UFO remake which will hopefully stop a repeat of the awful well you know,that film! and he is attempting to buy back the rights to Thunderbirds in order to produce a new version. Further credit if any were needed should be given to the creator of many childhoods for turning down a much needed $750,000 to write an endorsement for that film.

Now this really shows he's still got the bit through his teeth :D and good for him, lets hope and pray this all works out
Google Adsense