PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Zoushou's Nebula Class

I decided it was about time to build a good Nebula class model I tried the old USS Sutherland, but wasn't satisfied with the result, because of the texture, and because I figured out I built it at the wrong scale. I chose Zoushou's model over DWhale's for this build, because I like the aztec pattern on it a bit more, and because, while DWhale's model is great in 3D detail, it requires doing a lot of laminating, which can become incredibly tedious and deterring. I actually lost several hours of work on my first attempt to build his Vor'cha because I got so bored with all the tiny little parts, and it was destroyed before I could get around to finishing it (I did recently build another one completely, and it looks excellent, of course). Not to imply its his fault, I just don't have the best patience in the world.

Anyway, the Nebula came out very nicely, and I was able to get past my lack of patience long enough to finish it.

Interestingly, I now believe the Nebula class is possibly the most powerful warship in Starfleet, since the upper pod has so many torpedo launchers in it.

With her sister class (technically, the Nebula is actually not a Galaxy kitbash, the parts are actually all unique to the ship, albeit very similar to the Galaxy's)

And the four largest classes in the Federation:

For those interested, the model is available here:
The Nebula Class Starship
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
Nice! That Enterprise 'D' looks familiar .
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Hi Paragon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I actually lost several hours of work on my first attempt to build his Vor'cha because I got so bored with all the tiny little parts, and it was destroyed before I could get around to finishing it (I did recently build another one completely, and it looks excellent, of course). Not to imply its his fault, I just don't have the best patience in the world.
Thats funny! Believe it or not: I built the Vor´cha 4 times!!! 3 with the old texture with the different moduls and 1 with the new texture! after the 3rd i was also bored! And then months later i become the idea with the new texture!:o again over 800 parts? NO WAY!!! No patience for that! 300 parts are enough!

Anyway Zousho´s Nebula looks good and it is a good model to scale it down! My one is more to scale it up!

Greetings
Marko
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Oddly enough, I was actually considering making the Vor'cha even harder by raising all those other details by cutting them out of a second print out.

Thankfully for my sanity, I didn't.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
but it will be really looking cool I thought to do the same but with LED-lights for the nacelles and fiber optic stuff for the windows! and the same with the Galor! That will be a high-end version Maybe sometime in the future i do that

CU
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
great looking builds. where can 1 find that C and D?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 AM

Its actually the Yamaguchi, not 1701-C, and its from Clever. The 1701-D is Billy's I think? The one on webshots.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
The Enterprise 'D' is by Gary Pilsworth, and is available from this site in the downloads section.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
ah yes. thank you.