PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpetr View Post
jaffro no problem. If I do not release them on my web by that time, I will send them to you. I can not wait to see your falcon completed. I have a dream (not a plan, because it will brobably never come true) to build falcon in 1:48. Detailing only top side, because I want to hang it on a wall.
That's a great idea, hanging it on a wall. I have other plans for mine but I'm thinking I might add some mounting holes to wall mount it just in case, similar to the way they do the DeAgostini version as it's a huge model and I'm seriously running out of room to display it.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 11-28-2019, 01:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
It was exactly the reason for wall idea.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 11-29-2019, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 365.92 MB
I’m with Millenuimfalsehood on this. I was waiting for the complete detail parts sets before I started building. I hope there is enough interest to coax you to release all of them. Either way, thank you for what you have released so far!
Old 11-30-2019, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 61.44 MB
This is in my build que too! Hoping to build at double size, which I understand is close to studio scale, so any extra details would be much appreciated!
RH
Old 11-30-2019, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Plus, it would be really neat to build Red 2 with just the extra details, then build Red 4 with extra details AND the cutaway parts from UHU and then display them together, since they're the same scale. :D There is probably some difference between the proportions, but you could trim the parts to fit, surely. I could see this being a really nice display.
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2019, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
It would be great display . For a while I toyed with the idea of making the WHOLE DeathStar attacking squadron of x-wings: RED 1-6 and 12 but I dropped it down for a few reasons:

1. life

2. RED 2 is the most different from the others, Others are quite simmilar to each other. So it would take more work than just retexturing - lots of new details to design from scratch.

3. I do not think I can do six more same models that detailed. It would be 24 wings, 24 canons, 48 same engine halves. Does not sound like fun .

4. I think that one model displayed alone has better impact than group of models. At least for me. When I see more models (even completly different models) displayed on one place (like full display case or on convention) I am somehow overwhelmed by it and can not fully embrace them. Do you guys have the same feelings or is it just me?

So I have a dream, that someday other builders will build the rest of the squadron and we will display them all together somewhere . Maybe it is not so impossible:
- Jaffro wants to build 2
- Milleniumfalsehood wants to buil 1 (in 1:24 scale, but he could change his mind )
- 57townsman wants to build 1
- rockhopper wants to build 1 (in 1:24 scale, but he could also change his mind )

Together that is 6 X-wings. That sounds like a plan .

So guys, what do you think?

Extensions for X-wing
Old 12-02-2019, 01:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
As awesome as that sounds, it would also be a logistical nightmare getting them all together, especially if I was to try and bring my 1:43 falcon along.

I'd be happy to travel overseas with my models to a show but I don't know if they'd survive the trip.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 10-11-2021, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 975.07 MB
Thank you for sharing your build experiences and your extensions!
Old 11-24-2021, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpetr View Post
*snip*
- Milleniumfalsehood wants to buil 1 (in 1:24 scale, but he could change his mind )

*moar snip*

So guys, what do you think?

I wouldn't mind doing this! I have a mighty need for a big X-wing, so I could print the 1:48 one at 200% scale.

Sorry it took so long to reply. Life's been... rough lately.