PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
No, no, pilot lives . I am working on pilot right now. I needed to finish vehicle first.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 11-25-2019, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Holy crap, dude, this stuff is brilliant! How do you fold the narrow round parts like the cannons and glue them together without wrinkling the paper or showing any seam lines?!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:46 PM

Thank you, Millenniumfalsehood

Canons are rolled around stick of appropriate size, otherwise I was affraid they will not be straight. I did not roll it as one continuouse strip but layer after layer. Every layer is moistured and carefuly preshaped by rolling to desired shape. Slow preshaping makes smooth shape without wrincles. That way the edge has no step when joined and when gently burnished edge is not so noticeable. But I can asssure you edges are still there and visible.

It is also important to properly orient the part on the page so the rolling does not go against the paper fiber direction. It has tendency to wrinkle lots more than. Right orientation can be tested by wetting the paper. It starts to curl naturaly and you can see the right direction.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 11-25-2019, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 365.92 MB
That really turned out nicely, congratulations! Are you still planning to update your extension parts set? I hope you will, it really takes it to the next level👍
Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 AM

Thank you.
Yes, I will update extensios if there is demand for them. But I did not know of anybody using them, so I did not have motivation to dedicate some time to make them ready to publish.

So if somebody used it, please let me know, or send a photo. It will makes me happy.

But anybody is free to ask and I can send what I have (working version) via email.

I see I did not post photos of finished model. I need to make some nice presentable photos and post it.

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense
Old 11-26-2019, 08:15 PM

I for one plan on using them, I just need to finish my turbolaser first. It's got a deadline because I want to have it prepared for an upcoming game, but after that I'll be able to work on other projects.

Some people also might not be using them yet if you're still working on new ones. It's basically the Osborne Effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
Old 11-27-2019, 04:09 AM

Great Millenniumfalsehood, I am looking forward for your x-wing build. Turbo laser looks fantastic by the way. I will prepare special christmas release of extensions just for you .

You are probably right. I should clearly stated, that I did not change templates in newer versions but only adding new parts.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 11-27-2019, 08:43 AM

Thank you!

I don't think that's it. In my case, the thing I'm thinking about is, if you're going to be making more sets of upgrade parts, I should wait till you release all of them before starting. I'm not worried about changes being made necessarily, just that if I wait long enough, all the parts will be released and I can make my X-wing as detailed as possible. I'm going to be building mine in 1:24 scale (studio scale), so I'll want my model to be as detailed as possible, and so I want to use as many upgrades as I can in order to make it look as much like the filming model as I can.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I'm planning on building at least one, maybe 2 of these to go with my Falcon after it's finished, I'd be interested in those extra details too please!

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 11-27-2019, 12:51 PM

Milleniumfalsehood all upgrade parts are made and used on my X-wing build. Some templates are in rought state without proper instructions or notes. That is the only reaon I did not released them yet.

jaffro no problem. If I do not release them on my web by that time, I will send them to you. I can not wait to see your falcon completed. I have a dream (not a plan, because it will brobably never come true) to build falcon in 1:48. Detailing only top side, because I want to hang it on a wall.

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense