PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
of course, the Challenger is a "mutant" starship class! but this class looks not like the others! it is not a "main stream" ship (a right and a left nacelle, a primary and secondary hull, a deflector, etc.)! The Springfield and the New orleans looks like the Galaxy! the most is the same!
The Challanger looks different! Okay the parts are allmost the same, but the configuration is an other! That the reason why i also love the Freedom and the Niagara!

C U
Marko
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Well I've never really liked any one-nacelle ships until the Kelvin, and I prefer a lot of symmetry in my starships, which is the reason I don't like the Challenger very much. Suit yourself though I guess.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sorry for jumping in here, but does anyone know of a Miranda Class cruiser available?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM

I guess you mean that ship:

SF PaperCraftGallery

the reliant is a miranda class ship! there is also another ship from diego cortes, but i donīt know where you can find it

Greetings
Marko
Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Paragon;"Well I've never really liked any one-nacelle ships until the Kelvin, and I prefer a lot of symmetry in my starships, which is the reason I don't like the Challenger very much."

Well, you are in good company!

The Great Bird himself sated in continuity meetings that no vessels could be presented without paired nacelles. The reason involved the dynamics of warp drive, which I'd better not bore you all with. This mandate was held the whole time he was an active producer!

The DC
Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
No, the reason was Gene had a big falling-out with Matt Jeffries and made up a bunch of rules about starship design so he could exclude a bunch of Jeffries' designs just to tick him off royally. The Excelsior doesn't follow those rules, btw, and Gene was involved with ST3 IIRC.

Look up the book "Inside Star Trek". It's a great book with a bunch of stories in there about Gene Roddenberry when the original Trek was in production.

As an aside, I like the Destroyer/Scout design. Simple, yet elegant in its simplicity. But I digress. . .

Anyway, there was a Saratoga by Diego Cortez if the other Miranda design is too big.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post

Anyway, there was a Saratoga by Diego Cortez if the other Miranda design is too big.
No, it is the USS Lantree! the Saratoga looks a little bit different!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Oh yeah, the Lantree! There were a lot of Miranda-class variants in TNG and DS9; I keep getting them mixed up. :o
Old 06-29-2009, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Quote:
No, the reason was Gene had a big falling-out with Matt Jeffries and made up a bunch of rules about starship design so he could exclude a bunch of Jeffries' designs just to tick him off royally. The Excelsior doesn't follow those rules, btw, and Gene was involved with ST3 IIRC.

Look up the book "Inside Star Trek". It's a great book with a bunch of stories in there about Gene Roddenberry when the original Trek was in production.

As an aside, I like the Destroyer/Scout design. Simple, yet elegant in its simplicity. But I digress. . .

The only two rules I recall were that the nacelles come in pairs and have clear line of site forward, unobstructed by the saucer, both of which the Excelsior meets.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.91 MB
Quote:
No, the reason was Gene had a big falling-out with Matt Jeffries and made up a bunch of rules about starship design...The Excelsior doesn't follow those rules...
Well I don't know exactly what rules it doesn't fit, but it looks like a pretty standard Federation set-up to me - two warp nacelles etc just like Paragon said.
Google Adsense