PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Love what you've done so far MF. Don't let the pooch discourage you from doing it again :P

Oh the cutier the animal (or kid in some cases) the more the devil is inside :P

G1
Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Oh, I totally agree. This little dude is a royal PITA sometimes, but when I go to beat his cock-eyed brains out he just sits there with this cute little look on his face and says "You won't beat me. I'm just too darn cute."

And I fall apart.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Oh! Sorry about those engines MF, all I gotta say is, how high does your dog jump?

By the way, the project is looking great.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Pretty high, actually. I had been building this in the living room in front of the TV last night, and thought it would be safe on the couch. Not so, it turns out.

He may get on Icanhascheezburger . . . if he lives long enough.

Last edited by Millenniumfalsehood; 06-25-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
make sure there are no light bleeds. If there are, I can paint over them with black and then plate over it with the gray card. I'll also be putting small gray rings around the lenses and gluing little clear frosted-styrene half-spheres over the LEDs so the light will be visible front-to-back.

This technique will work well for you, too, MFHood; laminate some aluminum foil to the inside of the card. Spray adhesive or gold size will work. It is dead easy and dead opaque...no light leaks at all.

I have already tried the technique you described. I either was not diligent or just clumsy, but I still had light leakage. Also, it was alot of work!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 AM

That would disable me from plating gray over the edges, as aluminum foil won't stick to anything other than superglue or epoxy, and both bleed through cardstock, which would cause ugly gray spots all over an otherwise perfect finish.

I can't use it for the engines either. That area is about an inch long but only 3/32 inches wide, so I wouldn't be able to stuff the foil in there without either breaking through it or making dents in the card.

But I have experience with black paint for blocking light, so I'd prefer that option. Its actually easier in my experience, believe it or not.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
MFHood, there are plans fora Union in progress. Basically a Sphere. I've actually started one out of plastic, but it's been on hold for about a year and a half, due to circumstances beyond my control. If anyone knows of a good model of a sphere (any size), let me know. And an easter egg. I'm thinking Overlord, here.

I'm also considering retexturing my ISSAPC and building a new cargo module to be a mechbay. It's non-canon to either universe, but it would work pretty well, I think.

K'Jev
Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 AM

Why not make a sphere in Metasequoia with a high poly count, unfold it in Pepakura, and go from there?

Right now I'm building up some of the main hull. Be back with pics in a moment.

Last edited by Millenniumfalsehood; 06-25-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjev View Post
MFHood, there are plans fora Union in progress. Basically a Sphere. I've actually started one out of plastic, but it's been on hold for about a year and a half, due to circumstances beyond my control. If anyone knows of a good model of a sphere (any size), let me know. And an easter egg. I'm thinking Overlord, here.
Over here in Germany you often see Eastern (means the part of the Year where we all seek eggs) there are often some big choclate-bombs often packaged in big plastic-eggs.

maybe you can wait another year and then......
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
Why not make a sphere in Metasequoia with a high poly count, unfold it in Pepakura, and go from there?

Right now I'm building up some of the main hull. Be back with pics in a moment.
Because I'm Metasequioally remedial. I can barely function with sketchup. The Leopard and ISSAPC (and thus far, Starcraft Goliath) are all laid out in Illustrator, then imported into Photoshop for coloring and texturing.

Ironically, when I build wargames terrain, I can look at a piece in my mind, rotate it any way I want, and figure out how it all goes together. But with software . . . I still have a lot to learn.

K'Jev
Google Adsense