Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up

OMG! That's freaking awesome! (said the kid in the candy store).:D

Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
T-Bolt

in continuum' The sticky paper method, paint the color on the label. Let the paint dry, Cut strips and apply to frame, Trim carefully the excess.

This method can be used on other model projects as well.

Making of the ordnance pylons.

making of the bombs. Roll a strip around a paper rod and leave a small section at the rear for the fins. Once the glue has set, use your Dremel or sand paper block and round the edges of the front of the bombs. Cut the fins and attach them to the rear protruding paper rod. Using the sticky label method, paint the paper label to the required color and cut small strips for the stripes around the front of the bombs.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-062.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-063.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-061.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-064.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-066.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-067.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-068.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-069.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-070.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-071.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-072.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-073.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-074.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-075.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-076.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-077.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-078.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-079.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-080.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-082.jpg  

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Eternal Member

T-Bolt

The end of this build. The wingtip cannons are not in the resin model, I added them for more firepower effect.

The tubing for the las cannons are made from a strip of paper rolled into a thread. I soaked it a little bit. after I got the desired thickness it was glued behind the cannon and into the wing tip. It was then coated with a coat of white glue. when it was dry it was then painted a copper color.

The stand was made of foam board and the pylon was notched at both ends and glued. after it was set, panels were added to the stand (Skinned). The label came from my codex book. It was scanned and glued to the base.

I placed a black trim around the bottom base and then the whole stand was slightly weathered.

This concludes this build thread. Next pic uploaded will be of the finished product at different angles. My next build thread will be of J-Leslies BSG Raptor.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-073.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-074.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-075.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-076.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-077.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-078.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-079.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-080.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-081.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-082.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-083.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-084.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-085.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-001.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-002.jpg  

Warhammer Thunderbolt-003.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-004.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-005.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-006.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-010.jpg  

Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Eternal Member

T-Bolt

The thread is finished, here are some final pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Thunderbolt-084.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-085.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-090.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-009.jpg   Warhammer Thunderbolt-010.jpg