PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.60 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Wotsit View Post
Done folks, or to be honest a little burnt out this build has taken a round a month and a half and now it's finished I am looking at doing a different build. This is the third Roci model I've built.

So I am going to release / upload the PDC blueprint and instructions. I'll be honest they are not perfect for the original scale model, they work but some of the bits are a bit fiddly and may take some tweaking to get perfect. Saying that though I would recommend anyone wanting to use these try them on a new build as mounting them does, very much so require you to cut in to the model to mount them and also be aware that if you want to make all 6 PDCs then the original stand provided with the model will not work. I ended up making a custom wall mounted stand for the 150% model.

Also feel free to tweak, rework and add any fixes you feel can make them better. I am not especially concerned about being credited especially if you are able to improve on them, which I am sure quite a few folk can do.

Just a few pics of the final 150% build with the PDCs mounted

150% next to the original

Close up

Final mount

Link to PDC instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Zz...ew?usp=sharing

I am all over this. Printing shortly! (perfect excuse to take a break from my other projects!) I started a third Roci in anticipation of building these!
Old 11-12-2018, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
I was wondering how long it would take for this to come out (edit: and I see I'm late to the party by almost a year!). I'm still reading the books, haven't watched enough of the show to know what she looks like (other than to know that it doesn't look like I imagine it to look like) but this model looks pretty nice. I'll have to add it to my ever-growing stack. Thanks!
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 11-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeer View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for this to come out (edit: and I see I'm late to the party by almost a year!). I'm still reading the books, haven't watched enough of the show to know what she looks like (other than to know that it doesn't look like I imagine it to look like) but this model looks pretty nice. I'll have to add it to my ever-growing stack. Thanks!
Having built the model in three different scales, I can attest that it is a relatively easy build. It is well-designed and the instructions are clear.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 162.75 MB
All I can say is Awesome!
Old 11-16-2018, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.07 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Now.... Will anyone add the "TACHI" markings to the Tachi version of the model?

Like this?

Google Adsense
Old 11-17-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Like this?

That's getting there. The font should perhaps be thicker, at least to my eye. In screencaps and elsewhere, the "TACHI" appears to be the same font as used for the "NAVY" on the torpedo housings. I don't know what that particular font is. Perhaps Michael, the designer, could chime in.

I'm thinking plenty of modelers, myself included, would be thankful for you doing this.
Attached Thumbnails
Rocinante Released-img_7651.jpg   Rocinante Released-img_7570.jpg  
Old 11-17-2018, 02:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 697.07 MB
I'm fairly certain it's not the same font. The Navy in the show is Helvetica Neue, and on the model it's either Helvetica or Arial. In Tachi, the C is different and the crossbar in the A is lower than either of those typefaces at the Tachi stroke weight.

Thanks for that larger pic. I also saw those renders, but it looks like whoever did them used Gotham which is not what appears on the ship in the show. I modified the font I used to get it as close as I could to what's in the screen grabs I found.

Sure, I can make it a hair thicker, but it won't be by much. The stroke weight is pretty thin to begin with.

No prob, I'm getting ready to build it myself and wanted to add it before doing so. Don't mind sharing it at all after it's finalized and it's cool with the OP to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Rocinante Released-tachi4.jpg   Rocinante Released-24-roci-pdc2.jpg  
Old 11-17-2018, 02:47 AM

I think if it comes close, nobody will complain and I know I, for one, will be thankful to have it.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 162.75 MB
Awesome, any thought on possibly doing the fuel cargo conversion?
Attached Thumbnails
Rocinante Released-rocinante_fuel_tanker.jpg  
Old 11-17-2018, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadriancz View Post
Awesome, any thought on possibly doing the fuel cargo conversion?

Yeah I kinda thought about doing that, but, to be honest, I don't really like the final look and of course it won't work too well with the PDC add ons. Anyway I've been looking in to trying my hand at this bad boy.

Google Adsense