PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge View Post
I think the spent ammo catching drums will scale just fine from what I've seen so far!

Good call on the new version of the gatling assembly!

Personally, I'd build either verson of the gun mount. Perhaps the dual strut version would benefit from sandwiching printing a pair of each each, then sandwiching a bit of corrugated board in between?

(Just a suggestion- is how I would likely assemble them freehand. Im no good with art software, but here's good ol' MS Paint sketch)

Something like this:

Now I hadn't thought of that, print separate back and fronts and then add a blank thicker bit of card in between to give the correct size. Hmmm good idea, thanks.

When I come to do the final diagrams and instructions I'll add a few options to the design it will allow folks to build whichever one works best for their level of building skill, size of model and detail.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.60 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Wotsit View Post
Now I hadn't thought of that, print separate back and fronts and then add a blank thicker bit of card in between to give the correct size. Hmmm good idea, thanks.

When I come to do the final diagrams and instructions I'll add a few options to the design it will allow folks to build whichever one works best for their level of building skill, size of model and detail.
Sounds great! I can't wait to build these. I just printed out another Roci skinned version to build up in the near future. (and to play around with designing some Bertinas tanks for the one I already have built!)
Old 10-22-2018, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
The PDCs will be a nice addition.

Personally, I just wish somebody would add the "TACHI" markings to the forward section of the Tachi version of the model. Their absence is the only marking misstep I can find on the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Rocinante Released-img_7594.jpg  
Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 PM

Just a quick update, have been taking pictures with a view to getting the instructions for the PDCs written. Still not happy with one part of the PDC but have kinda hit a brick wall with how I can make it easier to build when scaled smaller. Will most likely include a simpler version of the part for smaller scale builds.

Anyway here's a pic of a test set up for a full set of PDCs.

The front PDC requires a worrying amount of cutting to get mounted including cutting in to the support structure. Got round it by adding a new support strut inside.

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 10-28-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Mostly cheescake
Old 10-29-2018, 12:42 PM

Looks good!
Google Adsense
Old 10-31-2018, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.60 MB
<drool>

I say again, <drool>

Looking great!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:58 AM

Nearly there folks, have just finished writing up the instructions I just need to do one last test build on my original scale model. The build I am showing in the pictures is a 150%. I don't think much should change but I just want to give it a test.

Yup more shameless pictures

All the bits that have PDCs on them are now built on my final build. So here's some test fit pics

The front module

The whole enchillada

Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Done folks, or to be honest a little burnt out this build has taken a round a month and a half and now it's finished I am looking at doing a different build. This is the third Roci model I've built.

So I am going to release / upload the PDC blueprint and instructions. I'll be honest they are not perfect for the original scale model, they work but some of the bits are a bit fiddly and may take some tweaking to get perfect. Saying that though I would recommend anyone wanting to use these try them on a new build as mounting them does, very much so require you to cut in to the model to mount them and also be aware that if you want to make all 6 PDCs then the original stand provided with the model will not work. I ended up making a custom wall mounted stand for the 150% model.

Also feel free to tweak, rework and add any fixes you feel can make them better. I am not especially concerned about being credited especially if you are able to improve on them, which I am sure quite a few folk can do.

Just a few pics of the final 150% build with the PDCs mounted

150% next to the original

Close up

Final mount

Link to PDC instructions

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Zz...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 11-09-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Forgot the link.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:19 PM

Looks very good and the instructions, at first glance, look clear. Thanks for adding these.

Now.... Will anyone add the "TACHI" markings to the Tachi version of the model?
Old 11-10-2018, 03:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
That looks fabulous!

By all means, these guns are massive! I was just wondering what it must be like firing a mchine gun in space. The recoil of each round would fling the ship into the other direction, so each shot would require an antagonistic reaction of the maneuvring thrusters in order to keep the ship on course.
Google Adsense