PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-25-2018, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Papercraft Megatron Original G1 Transformers

Papercraft Megatron Original Generation 1 Transformers. Megatron is the main villain from Transformers toy commercials series and all around very bad dude. I loved the transformers as a kid and not so much the new Bay movies but have seen all of them and they are fine but I would still like that robots look little bit more like generation one robots. I loved the generation one of Megatron and Megatron figure was something I always dreamed of having but it wasn't meant to be. This design is made by Korean designer named GoldenGlue and it is amazing. My guess is that GoldenGlue based his design on 2007 Revoltech Megatron figure (which is one of the best ones IMO). This one doesn't transform to a gun or tank or to anything.

It is a cool and menacing looking figure to fit a leader of decepticons. I printed on special paper to make it look more like a plastic model and toy figure.

I think that GoldenGlue's etsy shop is closed now so I don't really know where you can get this legally.

Here is a short video I made of this one for a better look:
https://youtu.be/D8TEjaw0PVY
Attached Thumbnails
Papercraft Megatron Original G1 Transformers-meg_01.jpg   Papercraft Megatron Original G1 Transformers-meg_02.jpg   Papercraft Megatron Original G1 Transformers-meg_03.jpg   Papercraft Megatron Original G1 Transformers-meg_04.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-25-2018, 06:37 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Great build! I've always liked giant robots of every stripe. I've built quite a few Battletech/Mechwarrior kits, but haven't tackled any of the transformer robots yet. How tall is this guy?
Old 02-25-2018, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Great build! I've always liked giant robots of every stripe. I've built quite a few Battletech/Mechwarrior kits, but haven't tackled any of the transformer robots yet. How tall is this guy?
Thank you. There is something about giant robot paper models. I've been keeping my eye on for Optimus Prime (Cartoon generation one) but I hadn't found that just perfect one to build. This guy is about 30 cm tall. Same size as gundam models.

Tags
megatron, papercraft, transformers