PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Ok thats Clever's. Im totally impressed that you built that one at 1:1900. I was going to build Pericles' since it looked a little simpler but since its possible to build it that small i guess I'm going to have to do Clever's, more detailed version.
Lets see we already have a Surak, although I grant you it leaves plenty of room for improvement. TTBOMK nobody has done a T'plana hath yet and it does occupy a brief but significant place in trek history so I say go for that!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Don't do Clever's unless you want a headache and a sloppy model. I'm sure its wonderful at the original scale, but at the size I built it, its not that good at all.

I've been considering reorganizing his parts a little to make it easier to build smaller. It would make some of the parts a little less accurate, but I'd like to use it for an Intrepid and to build a good USS Enterprise at 1:1900. Basically, I'll be making most of the parts contiguous.

If I do that I'll be sure to share the files with you.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Thanks! and im looking forward to when you get around to the intrepid too. Im busy right now doing a repaint of the fiddler's green cessna bird-dog for someone I know who flew one in vietnam, then I really need to build Chris Stahl's B-26 for someone I know who flew in them in WWII (In one of the exact planes that he already has a paint job of, "Flak Bait"). Oh and Im also doing the existing surak model as a quick easy build to just kind of throw in somewhere, and Clever's Rhode Island at some point./ And I still need to build stands for my Saladin, Sabre, & Stargazer. Naah I don't have much on my plate, LOL.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Hi Guys!
Sorry for the late answer, but i need a little bit of time to do something!
Family, translating THIS thread (can you not write in german:o:D) and to designing!
The problem with the ring is, that it is not a circle!!! itīs an OVAL! I downloaded the Drex files too, and designed a (i think so) good version of that ring!
@Paragon
if you want the PDO file, i can send it to you! I also can convert it to a JPG or whatever you want! you must only add the internal site!
If i right calculated it the biggest diameter of the ring is approx. 185m!
so i scaled to 1/1700 and the size is ~10,9 cm.

I would like to see the Tīplana hath! But if iīm also honestly it is better if someone do it these ship with a 3D-Program!!! donīt forget: it has moveble feets and a rotating center!!!

To Cleverīs NX:( Headache is a good word for that!
@Josh i can send you an e-mail Do you want to testbuild the rework?

So here two pics of the Ring!

Good night
Marko
Attached Thumbnails
Paragon's Vulcan Line-commando-ring1.jpg   Paragon's Vulcan Line-commando-ring2.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Not to worry! I did get the oval shape down with the additional parts, and it looks almost exactly the same as the parts you've designed in Pepakura. Thanks for being helpful though.
Google Adsense
Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 534.62 MB
T'pau !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 PM

By the way, I don't have great reference images for the T'Plana Hath, Surak or T'Pau, so if any of you have good images (the kind you won't find in a google image search), I'd appreciate them.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
I'd much prefer a T'Plana Hath.

Here's a partial orthographic of it:

Here's the Surak:

And here's the T'Pau

Have a nice day. :8)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Well I didn't have the T'Plana Hath image, but I did have the Surak and T'Pau views. Unfortunately that Surak is also severely innacurate (not long enough and not pointy enough, in simple terms).
Old 07-09-2009, 02:04 AM

Actually looking at actual screen caps, I dont think the surak's tail is as long as is shown in some illustrations.