PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 328.38 MB
Moguera from the film The Mysterians.

My ink cartridges were low on ink so I used them up printing a few models where colour wouldn't be a big deal. This one was made in a couple of hours, rushed, should I say, so that my wife could have a good laugh as we watched the film together in the evening.

The link to the model is probably already on this site somewhere (and some of you have probably done a better job than me in making it) but here's the link.

ƒ‚ƒQƒ‰

The instructions provided are not very helpful. Nevertheless, it's a fun little model.

There's a craft in the film called Airship Beta that would make a great model. Does anyone know if a design exists anywhere?
Attached Thumbnails
Moguera from the film The Mysterians.-sdc12861-p50.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very nice! I built this same model about a year ago. There's a thread on it here in the forum. I had trouble getting the arms to open up wide enough at the top to fit all 4 slots at the shoulders. Otherwise, the fit was fine. I'm glad to see it built by another modeler.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Thank you for your kind words. I had the same trouble with the arms but I got it done eventually.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Nice work! I built this one years ago and it's one of my favorites. It went together pretty well, but I remember having trouble with the cape. If I ever build it again, I think I will scale it up a bit as I think it's kinda small.

Bob
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 AM

Hi Bob, Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes these quirky choices of model! You've mentioned the only other area that was a problem - the cape.

The person who designed the model has put a photo on the model's page of a very large version based on his design. It's one metre tall. I'm not sure I'd go that far!
Google Adsense
Old 07-11-2018, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph009 View Post
Hi Bob, Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes these quirky choices of model! You've mentioned the only other area that was a problem - the cape.

The person who designed the model has put a photo on the model's page of a very large version based on his design. It's one metre tall. I'm not sure I'd go that far!

Hi jph,

I think maybe 18 inches would be more to my liking. The Mysterians was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, so when I discovered Moguera as a paper model, I just had to build it!
As far as quirky models go, how 'bout The Great Mighty Poo from an old computer game? I think the game was Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Bob

Last edited by OgdenBob; 07-11-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Tags
meguera, mogela, the mysterians