PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Vulcan Sh'Ran

Well since Paragon is churning out models faster than most people build them I figured I'd better get on the ball or I was going to have an even bigger backlog of intended builds. Heres the Sh'Ran. I had to do some cutting and fitting in spots to get some things to work but considering the speed with which he designed and released this thing I am still impressed :D. Waiting eagerly for the T'Plana Hath.
P/S The big ugly glue splotch around the bottom of the warp ring pylon is because initially I glued the warp ring on BACKWARDS (Have a good laugh on me LOL)

Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Very nice build! What parts did you have to trim, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.90 MB
It's looking good.
(And I'm not laughing. I know what it's like to glue parts on the wrong way.)
Old 07-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Very nice build! What parts did you have to trim, if you don't mind my asking?
Ok here are the problems I encountered. The top of the pylon had to be trimmed fairly extensively to fit flush with the hull while also covering the hole up, The main thing though was the warp ring, The rear ring was considerably larger than the front ring and the strips for the inside and outside, I scaled up the front ring and strips slightly (The original print was on fit to page so was not quite full scale, I printed the front ring and strips at 96% to get them to fit with the rear ring) also I had to space slits about an inch apart across the back part of the outside ring due to the back rings narrow at the top & bottom, wide at the sides shape to get it to fold down flush at the front with the front part of the outer ring. I also put 2 laminations of 1mm card around the ring between the inside and outside surfaces so the front part of the ring would have something to hold it up since even with a large enough flap left at the back to get to the rear ring it wouldnt work due to the rear ring's aforementioned bulged shape. I also laminated 1mm card onto the front and rear rings to help it hold the oval shape. With all that reinforcing the ring is now VERY strong LOL.