PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-04-2021, 01:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 72.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpetr View Post
Frijj2001, it is mostly paper. And wires and wooden sticks for small round parts that are difficult to do from the paper and looks better. There will be no plastic at all except the canopy glass.
Great stuff, it does look really good and I do love it when you show others and they say is that made of paper! Similar to me some of the small details are best using wire/cable and wood

Would love to hear how you get the finish, am assuming you paint some detail after the build? It also looks shiny, do you use some varnish/laquer?
Old 02-04-2021, 04:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Exactly, for me there is no need to do ewerything from paper, more so when it is faster, easier and nicer to use other materials .

No, I do not paint details after the build. I am using water colours just to paint white edges of the paper and non paper parts. All details are there on the textures of the model as you can see here:

Only touch ups I do to the details is when strakes, dirt and weathering do not match exactly on the joints of two parts. In this case I am trying to fix that joint with water colours.

Surface is shiny because it is laser print and it comes like that from the printer. I do not know if every laser print needs to be like that but mine is. I am also using "coated" paper for laser printers, whitch is somehow polished so it is little shiny by itself and it also adds to the final shine. Prints on the standart office paper are also shiny but not nearly as much.

But I need to get rid of the shine because it does not looks right on the "used" Star Wars stuff. I will use mat varnish to get rid of the shine since this wehicle is old and weatherd. I will only leave shiny surface where it is somehow logical to insert some optical variety to the model. For example somewhere around the back parts where it should imitate oil leaks etc.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 02-05-2021, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 72.71 MB
Thank you for the share, its interesting how others get these sorts of finishes. I use a basic colour inkjet but am thinking about different varnishes to give it a better finish.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:18 AM

You are welcome. It adds to the realism when there is more finishes on one model - gloss, satin and mat - applied to simulate different surfaces or dirt and streaks.

Here is size comparison of A-wing and X-wing:

Extensions for X-wing
Old 02-09-2021, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.32 MB
Still waiting for download this version
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2021, 05:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Beautiful, detailed and lots of good building and finish tips! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-10-2021, 07:48 AM

Thank you all.

Theoreticaly I could upload it for download now, I have It all ready (except guns and canopy glass plug template). But I want to do some finishing touches to instructions and translate all non english notes to english.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 10-11-2021, 08:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 975.07 MB
Very nice. Thank you for sharing your finishing tips!