PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-20-2019, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 617.34 MB
Jupiter II, Lost In Space (WIP)

Hi all,
I have started a new build of Gary Pilsworth's Original series Lost in Space Jupiter II. Naturally, I am lost in the model construction and wondering if anyone has any pointers regarding the landing gear and the lower half of the saucer. I printed this out at 2 pages per sheet.
The first photo shows the construction of the upper saucer interior. Being bored while I was thinking I added a few reinforcements, although I doubt they are necessary, to the formers.
The next photo shows the interior of the lower half of the saucer. there are two types of bulkheads, I am not sure how they should fit into the hull. I know I need to consider their placement regarding the landing gear placement.
The last photo is of the landing gear itself. The darker shape is hollow underneath, I am not sure if that should be filled in or not. I guess my main question is what are the tabs for?
Be it as it may, this is a fun little build and I appreciate the chance to build it.-Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Jupiter II, Lost In Space  (WIP)-img_6523.jpg   Jupiter II, Lost In Space  (WIP)-img_6559.jpg   Jupiter II, Lost In Space  (WIP)-img_6560.jpg   Jupiter II, Lost In Space  (WIP)-img_6561.jpg  
Old 02-20-2019, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 365.92 MB
Hi,
I haven’t built this kit but looking at your pictures I can visualize the tabs are to attach the landing gear bays to the bottom hull pieces. The gear bays should be hollow and open to the bottom of the ship.

Looking good so far 👍
Old 02-25-2019, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the reply!
I agree with you and will take that course. Can always print more parts!
Mike
Old 02-25-2019, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Good to see one of my designs being built....

It looks like parts 5 ( in the last pic) has been built inside out and the printed side should be inside
Old 03-03-2019, 06:45 AM

That would explain a lot, to say the least! And it is not too late to make “repairs”.
Also, thanks for all your hard work and models. You get my imagination and fingers working.
Mike

Tags
jupiter, jupiter ii, lis