PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Looks ok to me. "Mainbody" should be two words.

Also, were it me, I'd want to make sure the pieces in the diagrams are aligned the same way as in the photos, or vice versa. For example, in the second row of images, the diagram on the left shows the internal frame pointed in one direction, while the photo of it to the right has it pointed in the other direction. It just seems to create some confusion that could be avoided.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
I always make my instructions by taking pictures every step of the way. That's simply because my original 3D rough shape and the final paper model have lot's of changes and developement between them. I would have to basically recreate a new 3D model emulating the parts and building process (and don't have the time for that).

I love the clean rendered instruction schematics and sometime I want to do something along these lines as they explain it very well!

Well done so far!!!
Chris
Old 05-04-2019, 05:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Looks ok to me. "Mainbody" should be two words.

Also, were it me, I'd want to make sure the pieces in the diagrams are aligned the same way as in the photos, or vice versa. For example, in the second row of images, the diagram on the left shows the internal frame pointed in one direction, while the photo of it to the right has it pointed in the other direction. It just seems to create some confusion that could be avoided.

Good point.

Lol what if I then told you the picture of the part also has the part turned upside down showing the bottom and not the top just to add to the confusion, I only just spotted that.

I see the point you're making though, it's the main reason why I added the direction arrows to the images just to help show the front of the model. Saying that it takes 2 seconds to push the mirror image button in PSP.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.81 MB
Seems clear to me :-)

Nice job!!!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
A fitting tribute to an outstanding series! Am I correct in thinking you will make it available for sale through ECard or some other outlet?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
A fitting tribute to an outstanding series! Am I correct in thinking you will make it available for sale through ECard or some other outlet?

Uh for sale? No I am not sure that I am quite decent enough at the design and texturing to warrant actually charging people money for the model. No I'll upload the entire thing. Textures, Instructions, Original Blender files, PSP unedited files to my Google drive and drop a link here for it.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:02 PM

Do you use 1mm thick cardboard for the former/structure pieces? (I don't know exactly how you call them)

And I see most people use white cardboard..i can only find grey cardboard.. not that it matters because it's the inside. But it's frustrating that I can't find a good website/store :-p
Old 05-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne2019 View Post
Do you use 1mm thick cardboard for the former/structure pieces? (I don't know exactly how you call them)

And I see most people use white cardboard..i can only find grey cardboard.. not that it matters because it's the inside. But it's frustrating that I can't find a good website/store :-p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the outer model parts, skin textured parts etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the structure / support stuff. Yeah it's not white it is a sort of off white but since it's all hidden it doesn't really matter.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:44 AM

���� the tension... ��
Old 05-10-2019, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
The instructions look well done so far.
Google Adsense

Tags
donnager, expanse