PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-24-2018, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.60 MB
USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale

Hey gang!

Been back to lurking for a while due to work and a number of pretty massive difficult builds. Thanks to the holidays, and never taking a day off, I have 11 days of paid vacation to get caught up on my build schedule.

Anyway, while still far from finished, here is where I am at with a new USS Sulaco build from. Given the significantly smaller print I did, I have had to make a few structural and construction modifications along the way.

For those unfamiliar with the 27 section kit Alien99 (Jan Rukr) designed, this is a beast of a build at its intended 1:430 scale. I built it at that size back in 2012, but a powerful thunderstorm with fist sized hail smashed both the window and the models displayed in front of it in 2014.

As this one will go on display at my job as part of our Science of Science-fiction course, I needed to attempt it a bit smaller so as to have room for it along side many, many other great ships from both film and reality.

Here is where the build is at as of right now:
Attached Thumbnails
USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3740.jpg   USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3741.jpg   USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3742.jpg   USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3743.jpg   USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3745.jpg  

USS Sulaco build - half size - 1:960ish scale-img_3744.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-24-2018, 01:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Looks nice! I like the "smaller" builds, frankly.