PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-18-2019, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
out standing work dam fine build grate paint job

Thank you very much rifleman, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
I'd love to see you enter it in a GW modeling event. It would be hilarious if it won and made it in the magazine.

Haha! That would be the day Not sure what GW's stance is on scratchbuilding, but given their stance on profit I don't think it is that favourable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I noticed there is no chipping on the rear landing gear housings and entire aft section of the craft. I'm sure you'll get around to it. Or perhaps the last photo was taken pre-chipping?

Good eye, Don Yes, this is all still wip. I can't help myself - every time I finish a little bit I put the whole thing together to just look at it. The entire bottom of the craft still needs chipping, and then I want to add some chipped racing stripes (gotta have white in the Blood Raven color scheme somewhere), plus the insignias, oil filters, washes and dust&grime... So it will still be a while until it is finished.

https://www.vigilantesculpting.com
Old 08-18-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
They just started reprinting it when they were called into action... ��

Yeah: kill heretics first, paint later!

Old 01-16-2020, 12:52 PM

It's been a long time since I've touched this model and posted some updates. I've been... sidetracked by other projects. Kept telling myself that I need to fix this one thing first before I get back to the bird.

Well, finally I have nothing else standing in the way, so time to stop procrastinating. Time to start painting again

I've finished weathering the bottom of the fuselage, gear wells and wings, and coated and grimed up all the metal engine parts, nacelles and main gun pieces, and started on the finer details including the cables and sensor lenses. Only a couple of cage lights and some lenses on the ball turrets left to do.

Then I plan on doing some freehand decals, and a final touch of oil weathering.

Here are some photos of the current state:

The engine details:

Gear well and ball turret:

Wing details:

I also created a flyer base for the bird that I have now detailed with some leftover miscasts of the various molds that I have. In here you can see parts of the garage dreadnought, the torso of a space marine gunner, and some track parts from my Land Raider.

This is all embedded in Das airdry clay, with liberal sprinkles of fine sand and coffee grounds, some chunks of cork and pieces of wire. The intention is to paint a picture of a centuries-old battlefield, where the battle never stops.

Thanks for looking!

Old 01-16-2020, 01:56 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very convincing chipping and weathering. If it holds up this well at unforgiving macro photo mode, it must looks absolutely incredible (and believable) at 1X. simply fantastic modelling.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Good to see this one back on the bench, I've got a neglected bird of my own I'll be returning to soon but first I have another beast that needs some final weathering.

Your raptor is looking fantastic, nice work on the base too.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Very convincing chipping and weathering. If it holds up this well at unforgiving macro photo mode, it must looks absolutely incredible (and believable) at 1X. simply fantastic modelling.

Thank you very much! I'm trying my best, the weathering can become monotonous and then the danger is that it starts to look repetitive, and spoils the effect. So I'm happy that you think it looks ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
Good to see this one back on the bench, I've got a neglected bird of my own I'll be returning to soon but first I have another beast that needs some final weathering.

Your raptor is looking fantastic, nice work on the base too.

Thank you kindly! Yeah I'm also close enough to the finish line that I can smell it. Unfortunately I'm out of town for the week, so progress is on hold, but luckily this not for that long

Old 02-18-2020, 01:44 PM

Done!

I've finally finished the paint job on the Fire Raptor, so I am calling the project done.

Since my last update here I have added a freehand raven image to the top of the fuselage, as well as company and chapter iconography, and done some final weathering.

Old 02-18-2020, 02:22 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Well Chris, that is an amazing bit 'o work. Looking at each picture at full size is the only way to really appreciate what you've done here. Truly exceptional and definitely inspiring.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:19 AM

Hi Ron! I haven't been around here for a while, given that I was painting a lot and therefore not technically papercrafting. But it is great to hear such kind praise for this build from you, so thank you very much!

Old 02-19-2020, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
The final result is impressive Chris. You have a wonderful work of art there. All the time and effort invested paid off. My congratulations and thanks for showing your techniques. It's fantastic what you accomplished.
Google Adsense

Tags
fireraptor, wh40k