PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-07-2019, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.97 MB
Thanks guys! Am working on the wheels now. Will post some pics tomorrow
Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 PM

Here are the wheels all done up (rolled paper as well). The tracks were really time consuming, but they look really good when its all done up
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Baneblade tank build-track1.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-track2.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-track3.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-wheel1.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-wheel2.jpg  

WH40K Baneblade tank build-wheel3.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-wheel4.jpg  
Old 01-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Outstanding. The tracks and wheels look great.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 664.90 MB
Any further progress?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:57 PM

More progress pics

Sorry for the long delay- had been pretty busy with some real life stuff. I've been working slowly on my Baneblade, and here are some pictures of the progress I've made since the last posting.

I've worked on the chassis, as well as the fuel drums. I've also done some work on the turret and cupola, as well as the cannons. The lascannons were detailed with wound-up wire to enhance the look.

Thanks for looking!
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Baneblade tank build-chassis1.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-chassis2.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-fuel1.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-fuel2.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-fuel3.jpg  

WH40K Baneblade tank build-gun1.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-gun2.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-gun3.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-gun4.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-turret1.jpg  

WH40K Baneblade tank build-turret2.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-cupola.jpg   WH40K Baneblade tank build-turret.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Hi all, I dont know why some of the pics are upside down...they are the right side up on my PC, but when I upload them to the site, they are upside down??
Old 10-07-2019, 03:40 PM

Still cant turn it the right side...ah well..sorry :(
Old 10-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.26 MB
This looks awesome Floogen! Your construction is very precise and accurate. I like the additional details like the wiring on the lascannons.

As for upside-down photos, this is something I see on a number of forums. Basically, when you take a photo of something, your camera/phone stores the image literally as the sensor sees it, but adds a piece of metadata to the image that says "this image is rotated by such-and-such degrees". The application you use to view it on your PC correctly interprets the metadata, and displays it as it should be viewed. However, the software on most forums (such as this one) is pretty dumb: it ignores the metadata, and displays the image as it is recorded.

The only way around this is to tell your photo-editing software to apply the rotations to the image directly, and export it without any metadata. GIMP, for example, when you save/export the image just Does The Right Thing and saves the image right-side up the way it is intended to be viewed. After exporting an image from GIMP you can then just basically upload it to a forum, and it will be displayed correctly.

Personally I use Imagemagick (a commandline utility) to do the same thing, but setting that up is an excercise left to the reader...

https://www.vigilantesculpting.com
Old 10-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Thanks Chris...I'll go check out the settings ��. I'll take some more pics once I get more work done. It's almost complete, and then I'll have to start planning the painting
Old 10-07-2019, 06:13 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Also, check this thread for some tips on editing pictures http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/h...-new-post.html
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense