PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
I was hoping that there was a build thread out there. I guess that this WIP will help others in building their version. Great job in re-mastering the line drawing. I also noticed that you had one of the same problems in the fit area. That is, on the bottom where the lines did not match up. This is the reason that I did the layer build-up of the ribs and panels on the bottom.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Glad I am not the only one but
as my Dad would have said
the only guy that never ever makes a mistake
is the guy that never trys to do anything
may be this will me not make the same boo-boo thanks from Paul

Last edited by rickstef; 07-21-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: email removed to prevent spam
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Well Paul,

You just made a boo-boo, by posting your email on the forum, I hope you do not get any spam from the spam bots that are out there.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
There is no easy short cut to taking a raw model that someone has made and turning out a card model.

The best way to do it is by learning basic card model construction techniques and design. Start simple and build simple and move your way up.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Eternal Member

Rubicon

I saw ninjatoes model, while it was in the rough and I seen that it had great potential. Now take paragons talent and my past experience in trying to make interiors, the large model could be devastating. The only thing lacking is more info on the interior. I have some schematics and pics but not enough to make it feasible YET!.. I jumped this build to the head of the class but I have a few more detailed models in the work.

On the nacelles, I made stiffeners inside, so when I was too slide the part 56 inside, I had to trim it and glue it to the end.

The 5th picture gives you an indicator of the size of the ship at 75%.

At this juncture, there is a gap at the base of the Wing extension that is attached to the nacelles. Again there is the mirror effect, but not to worry, it will work out later on in the build.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-035.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-036.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-037.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-038.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-039.jpg  

Last edited by silveroxide; 07-21-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add pictures
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Eternal Member

Rubicon

More stuff for the build.

Corrected the mirror effect and with the second skin and a slight length at the nacelle connection, took care of that gap and made the nacelles stay flat with the bottom of the ship.

Took care of the mis-alignment on the bottom part and added some panels and raised surfaces.

Due to my early mistake, took care of the extra covering behind the cockpit and placed the retaining straps.

Attempted to recover the rear end that curved in. I should have reinforced that area earlier on.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-040.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-041.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-042.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-043.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-044.jpg  

Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Eternal Member

Rubicon

Almost nearing the end.

Started to design a base for the ship
Attached Thumbnails
Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-045.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-046.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-047.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-048.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-049.jpg  

Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-050.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Rubicon

More on that stand. The stand is finished for now. The next posting will be the final touches to the stand and the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-051.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-052.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-053.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-054.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-055.jpg  

Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-056.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-057.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-058.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-059.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-060.jpg  

Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-061.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-062.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Eternal Member

The end

These are the final pics. This thread is done. I hope that you enjoyed the build as well as I enjoyed my building it. I hope that the instructions were of use to those who may decide to build this model in the future. Thanks to ninjatoes for his design.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-063.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-064.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-065.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-067.jpg   Star Trek Danube Class, RUBICON-069.jpg  

Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Is it possible to make that stand available for everyone? Nice work on the ship as well.
Google Adsense