PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-23-2009, 01:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Thank you for the wonderful build thread. That is a fantastic model. I like the detail you put into it. You did a great job.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
Is it possible to make that stand available for everyone? Nice work on the ship as well.

That was a build as you go stand but I should be able to make the plans for it. I hand painted it but I will do a color version for those who may want to use it to display their trek ships.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
Thank you for the wonderful build thread. That is a fantastic model. I like the detail you put into it. You did a great job.

I am glad that you enjoyed the build. Keep in mind that mine is a smaller version from the original, which is about 18 inches, (about 43cm.)
Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Hi Silver!
that thread is a good reference build report for other builders, which also want a Rubicon! I like especially the stand! Good work!!!

CU
Marko
Old 07-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-WHALE View Post
Hi Silver!
that thread is a good reference build report for other builders, which also want a Rubicon! I like especially the stand! Good work!!!

CU
Marko

Thanks D-Whale. I found a lot of Rubicons already built, but could not find a build. If there was a build sequence, I would have posted the finished product. I hope that this build will help the next builder. There were some fit problems with the build but as I wrote earlier, not to worry, the problems were small and fixable.
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
Thanks D-Whale. I found a lot of Rubicons already built, but could not find a build. If there was a build sequence, I would have posted the finished product. I hope that this build will help the next builder. There were some fit problems with the build but as I wrote earlier, not to worry, the problems were small and fixable.
I can not speak for any one else (nor will I try to), but I do find these threads very helpful. I am very new to kit building. I have always built from scratch (even though I am still new to it as well). So please continue to do threads like this. I have learned quite a bit from people like you. Please keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
I can not speak for any one else (nor will I try to), but I do find these threads very helpful. I am very new to kit building. I have always built from scratch (even though I am still new to it as well). So please continue to do threads like this. I have learned quite a bit from people like you. Please keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement Rhaven, I myself started out scratch building in sheet styrene and wooden boats ( of which I have not done in a while). The Rubicon was a nice build and I was apprehensive at first when the first test page came out and I saw the size. Space is a premium if you want to build a lot of models. That is why I have stayed away from the Galactica. The bigger size gives you fantastic detail options and the smaller version were more on the printed version. 75% was a good size for a 1/48th scale model.