PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Old 06-25-2019, 02:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 760.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Just curious to know how this project is going?
Im on vacation for the moment, but will continue when I am back 👍🏻/ Wilhelm
Old 08-18-2019, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 399.01 MB
I have been working on this thing off and on for a while. Lots of stuff to get me scratching my head trying to figure out if the desinger actually built this thing as offered.

I printed two pages on one A4 size sheet.
The fuselage so far is around 9 in / 23 cm.
Next build: Steampunk-aeorocarriage1.png
Parts B2 and B3 go together to form part of the forward fuselage. Unfortunately the resulting diameter is too big to fit the B4/B5 assembly as noted in another thread about this thing.
What I did is to cut down the middle of one of the segments on B2 and B3 then use one of the half segments as a glue tab. You will also need to modify the nose a little to fit the smaller diameter of the B2/B3 assembly.

The cockpit was supposed to be edge glued to the underside of the top of the fuselage I guess, but I added some glue strips for a more secure installation.
Next build: Steampunk-cockpit-glue-strips.png

Here is what it looks like intalled. Seems a bit twisted to me.
Next build: Steampunk-cockpit-close.png

Don't know when I will do some more work on this thing. Maybe when I have been feeling to good and need to get pissed off about something.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 760.12 MB
i have an other aproach, for the moment i try to make formers, it is alot och trial and error . Indeed a challenge. I think i cut the edges of B2/ B3. will see how it works out..
Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 399.01 MB
Wilhelm, I have finished the fuselage portion of this thing. I will not work on it any more for now because I dread to see what other glaring mistakes were made in the developement of the other parts. If I decide to continue I will start another thread instead of using your thread.

I put it together starting from the front and working aft. The first alteration to make the sections fit carried on to the back. You make a correction on some parts then you have to make corrections on the following sections of the fuselage so it will go together.

Good luck in your endeavour.