PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-25-2019, 02:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Just curious to know how this project is going?
Im on vacation for the moment, but will continue when I am back 👍🏻/ Wilhelm
Old 08-18-2019, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I have been working on this thing off and on for a while. Lots of stuff to get me scratching my head trying to figure out if the desinger actually built this thing as offered.

I printed two pages on one A4 size sheet.
The fuselage so far is around 9 in / 23 cm.
Next build: Steampunk-aeorocarriage1.png
Parts B2 and B3 go together to form part of the forward fuselage. Unfortunately the resulting diameter is too big to fit the B4/B5 assembly as noted in another thread about this thing.
What I did is to cut down the middle of one of the segments on B2 and B3 then use one of the half segments as a glue tab. You will also need to modify the nose a little to fit the smaller diameter of the B2/B3 assembly.

The cockpit was supposed to be edge glued to the underside of the top of the fuselage I guess, but I added some glue strips for a more secure installation.
Next build: Steampunk-cockpit-glue-strips.png

Here is what it looks like intalled. Seems a bit twisted to me.
Next build: Steampunk-cockpit-close.png

Don't know when I will do some more work on this thing. Maybe when I have been feeling to good and need to get pissed off about something.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:15 AM

i have an other aproach, for the moment i try to make formers, it is alot och trial and error . Indeed a challenge. I think i cut the edges of B2/ B3. will see how it works out..
Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Wilhelm, I have finished the fuselage portion of this thing. I will not work on it any more for now because I dread to see what other glaring mistakes were made in the developement of the other parts. If I decide to continue I will start another thread instead of using your thread.

I put it together starting from the front and working aft. The first alteration to make the sections fit carried on to the back. You make a correction on some parts then you have to make corrections on the following sections of the fuselage so it will go together.

Good luck in your endeavour.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:49 AM

back on track... :)

I have been building this back and forth, inbetween other responsabilities. This build is a real challenge. Here is how far I have come. First of the wing. I had to make my one spars to give some stability to the wings and to have something to attach to the main body. When build the wing are rather heavy and the risk for saging is big. I also made tabs to get fix to the body. Some warping, but nothing major.

/ Wilhelm
Attached Thumbnails
Next build: Steampunk-img_3414.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3394.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2020, 05:55 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
The wing sections look great. The graphic textures on this model are beautiful.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:56 AM

The body

The biggest problem was the fitting-issue with the bodyparts.See picture below what approach I took. I followed the center line of the pieces ( the blue line ) to line up the parts. Then first glued the middle tabs to the next part, for exemple B2 with B4. Then I dryfitted and cut so that the parts fitted together ( the red line ).

I started from the front and the back and met at the middle. These pictures are my first attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
Next build: Steampunk-aero_carriage-page-010-exemple.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3323.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3328.jpg  
Old 05-22-2020, 06:16 AM

My second attempt on the body

I was not satisfied first so i made a new attempt. I was thinking of greebling a bit so I cut all the individual part and made tabs and in that way I hade a better fit of the parts.

In the second picture you can se how I follow the centerline of the parts.

The nose-cone was frustating to make, I hate petals. After three attempts, this was the best result. Even the nosecone hade fitting issues when glued, I had to do major "surgery" to fit the nosecone. I show that later..

/ Wilhelm
Attached Thumbnails
Next build: Steampunk-img_3428.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3551.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3337.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3341.jpg  

Last edited by will69; 05-22-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Looks great! Very punkish!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:26 PM

The body part 2

Here is the whole body assembled. I started greebling the bands. This model is BIG, My cuttingmat is A3.
/ Wilhelm
Attached Thumbnails
Next build: Steampunk-img_3604.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3605.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3607.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3606.jpg   Next build: Steampunk-img_3609.jpg  

Next build: Steampunk-img_3610.jpg  
Google Adsense