PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-08-2019, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Version... wow according to my save files 11.

Total rebuild, rescaled the model and the parts on it as the older version would have made the vessel bigger than it actually is. The key factor is the railgun. Assuming the Roci and Morrigan use the same railgun, the older version would have been a model of a vessel that is around 50% larger than the Roci when infact the Morrigan is meant to be a good bit smaller.

Rescaled ratio sizes of main body and front and simplified the parts build.

This will most likely be the final main look of the model. Just need to add some of the final detail parts.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.71 MB
Wow!!! itīs amazing!!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Great progress!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Good deal more progress on the blender model folks.

Engine bell is done alongside detail stuff
Belly detail is done along with airlock
Front cowl detail is done
A small amount of rescaling of the main body has been done to help with getting the main body cowl ratios right.
A few tweaks on the detail parts to help tidy them up and make them stand out more, mostly related to belly detail

A few things left to do get the internal structure pieces sorted and have a think about what the stand should look like.

So given that the show never really has a Morrigan a feature vessel beyond a few seconds worth of footage in flashback form around the middle of season 1, i.e their is no named 'hero ship' it leads to what should this vessel be called?

- Scipio Africanus, which I believe is the vessel shown in the few seconds of flash back footage in the show.

- Damascus
- Iceni
- Avalanche
- Hamil-Stewart
- Shandian (although this is a modified stealth version of the ship which this model is not based on)
- Kittur Chennamma
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 PM

So no prototype for this build. I am opting to skip this part this time round and build a fully textured version, if it's needs tweaked I'll do that as I go along. Have started doing the texture work on the first part of the main body.

Ignore the name for now as this is a removable layer I am just using it for positioning and sizing of the detailing around it. My plan is not to give the model a single name but rather provide the name plates for all the ship versions I listed above, that way the builder can chose which name they want on their model. I'll also include a name plate Morrigan although I am not sure their was an actual ship with this name in the show.

The version I am building is a 200% version designed to be sized to match my Roci and Donnager models however I will release a 100% size which should make it a little smaller than the original Roci model, in essence it should be more or less to the same in universe scale as the Tachi / Roci

and just for fun a quick vid of the blender model

https://youtu.be/a-j0TDxGcpc

Last edited by Cheesy Wotsit; 06-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.46 MB
Another great model. I follow with interest.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:28 PM

First section has been completed.

Quite surprised as the blender model has transferred almost perfectly to a buildable model and required next to no tweaking or adjustments to get the bits to fit together.

The model texture I am using has wear and tear marks on it to show what a little work horse these ships were meant to be. I'll release a clean and a worn version.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:07 PM

Slow but steady progress on the Morrigan so far.

These are the detail insert for the front of the ship, I just call them pods. The detailing is made up of seven pods designed to be easy to build and needing to be pretty tight on sizing to make sure they fit correctly in to the front nose section.

It's fair to say they needed a few tweaks here and there to get the sizing just right however all of these parts are simply slotted in, none of them, apart from the U shaped module at the top, are glued in placed in these images.

The U shaped part on the top is a pain to build even on my 200% scale version so I may or may not tweak it's design for 100% scale version.

Moving on to the mid section next.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Coming along nicely. Will the finished product have those visible fold lines?
Old 07-07-2019, 05:15 PM

That's just the version Iam building the fold lines don't bother me to much as I prefer the easy of seeing them clearly. However the final version will have them better blended with the colour and hopefully the option to remove them totally... for those that like a challenge!

On a side note I tend to find that photos of the models tend to highlight defects far more than they appear whne just looking at them IRL, so white spots, fold marks, etc all seem to just stand out in photos... it's kinda weird how it happens.
Google Adsense