PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
You are becoming a true master of model making! Great build so far. I have watched season 1 and season 2 didn't really reel me back in but your model just might! :-)
Old 09-01-2019, 12:19 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
For whatever reason, I'm not seeing any image. Don't know if the issue is on my end or what....
The way Cheesy put the links in his most recent posts, are not set to show inline.
You would have to click on each link to see the picture
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-02-2019, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Hey, Cheesey, I've been working on the Donnager, and one thing that you might watch out for is making cut lines too wide. It makes it hard to line up my straightedge, so maybe use a smaller line weight for the Morrigan class?
Old 09-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
The way Cheesy put the links in his most recent posts, are not set to show inline.
You would have to click on each link to see the picture

Yeah Google images doesn't seem to allow direct picture hosting and my last host has gone now.

Quote:
Hey, Cheesey, I've been working on the Donnager, and one thing that you might watch out for is making cut lines too wide. It makes it hard to line up my straightedge, so maybe use a smaller line weight for the Morrigan class

I'll take look in to that, the cut line widths are set by the plugin that does the export from Blender. I'll have dig around in the settings to see if their is anything to adjust it otherwise I'll have a look at tweaking them during texturing.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Have you tried Postimage.org, Cheesy? It's what I just switched to after Imgur went flaky.
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2019, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 17.81 MB
awesome! still waiting for a printer here :'(
Old 09-03-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedGlass View Post
Have you tried Postimage.org, Cheesy? It's what I just switched to after Imgur went flaky.

Thanks for the recommendation will give them a try.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.32 MB
https://imgur.com/ is also a good solution
Old 09-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Seconded for Imgur. I find the uploading and sharing process to be easy and quick, plus the social media aspect of the site is really fun.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:13 PM

Time for a little update.

Have added a few additional bits to the model.

Firstly a a few detail parts which I dunno what you would call them so I just call them flash parts.

The second added part is the what I am calling the Engineering section

Not especially happy with the fit and finish of this part, or for that matter the flash parts above along side with me working on an updated texture set for the model I made the decision to turn this model in to a test model. Basically it means it will be used for fit finish and testing of parts from this point onwards.

Which means I have started on what will hopefully become the final build with the new texture set.

The new vs the old, the new version shown on top. The name plate is larger, and correctly positioned now as well as being able to make out the small texture plates complete with space born wear and tear.

New vs old again, new front section fitted to new main body section. I was really happy with how well these two parts came together.

New model front and rear sections together complete with the first of the three fins or intakes fitted. Again very happy with the overall finish on the these parts, less gaps, less white sections, less misaligned parts, it so far seems to be coming together very nicely.

Looking along the Starboard side of the model, you can see the Starboard intake, again it seems to have fitted with less gaps and oddities vs the test model.

Top view of the model. I only noticed while taking this picture that I managed to miss two of the silver detail strips that are present in the test model. Chances are I won't go back and fix this for my model as it will require a total rebuild of the front section. I am on my 6th or 7th with various tests and reworks and the detail is mostly hidden once the front is joined to the rear. I will however add the detail back in for release version.

I'll continue to update with images of the new parts added to the test model as well as updates of the final build model.
Google Adsense