PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-18-2019, 02:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.32 MB
Can I download this kit or I should wait till all files will be ready?
Old 11-10-2019, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Not that we're anxious for the model, but any news?
Old 11-10-2019, 05:33 AM

And is there any idea what scale the finished version will be?
Old 11-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Sorry have been very busy, flicking back and forth between a few different things, including a technical issue with my PC which has taken me some time to get sorted and get the data back up to date. I'll also admit I got a little distracted by something I am making in Blender but more on that at a later date. I've also started learning how to use Inkscape with the view to improving the conversion and rendering quality of the final future models, (bit late to do this one now as it would require a total restart) as well as having to learn how to use the updated version of Blender. I do however enjoy making stuff in Blender far more than I do collating and writing instructions but with that said I've started in earnest on the instructions.

I am trying something different with these ones, the idea being to cut down on the writing and pictures and try to make it a bit clearer how to build it in the plans itself.

Like I said something different dunno how well it will work guess I'll find out.

I am aiming for end of this month to have the 'final' instructions and models uploaded.

As for scale

Morrigan is 31M the model is 31cm so I make that 1:100 scale, give or take a comms antenna or two.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:52 AM

Great! Thanks....
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2019, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Been a while since I did an update but thought I would drop a quick one. Been very busy with work related stuff but have been plod away at the instructions and I am happy to say that I only have one or two parts left to do, some checking and tweaking and I'll be ready to release.

I said I was going to try something new with the instructions. Anyway here's an example of what I am trying this time round.

The idea is one print out for model and instructions, no real life pictures of my model but images pulled directly from the Blender model instead and diagrams and written instructions placed directly beside the model part they relate too. Hopefully less wordy and a bit clearer but all feedback is appreciated.

As with The Donnager I intend to upload all the files I have, so that's the PDF of the model, the Blender files, the textures both the PSP and JPG and any other related odds and ends I have kicking about.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:53 PM

That looks good and the combined parts-and-instructions approach makes sense. But.... There are those of us who don't print out instructions and just read them on the computer or, in my case, an iPad. I'm wondering how the combined approach affects page count.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.20 GB
I like the layout but could you use a lighter background? Black on dark gray is rather difficult to read.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Yeah, plus it will use a LOT of ink compared to the models. Those of us with inkjet printer have to pay for the unicorn blood they use in the ink, so I'd appreciate a lighter load, heh. I'd actually prefer the instructions be on a separate file, though. This way, I can print them on typing paper and the model on cardstock.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 440.44 MB
Hi,

I am not happy with the combination of instructions and parts on the same page.
It is a waste of cardstock and ink.

Regards

Wiwo
Google Adsense