PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Star Wars Datapad for my RPG

No build thread with this one because I was really in a hurry to finish it. I tried making it a one day build, but as any Tested fan knows, one day builds never take just one day. This one, in fact, took four. I was a tad overly ambitious in thinking I could have it done in a day, but in my defense, it's a box with stuff glued on it... how long could it possibly take? Four days, apparently. Anyway, I needed some props for my Star Wars game, starting with this thing. It's so that I can stick important information in it for my players, and it should feel very in-universe when I do. This is another one where I painted the resulting build, and let me give you a hint about spraypaint. Try not to do what I did and spray too heavy a coat on. It'll take some time to dry when thin coats usually dry much faster. But say you're like me and you get in a hurry to paint it all and end up spraying a single, heavy coat. Well, I solved that problem using a trick that I saw on Tested. Take a box, stick the model in with a hair dryer pointed into it, then turn the dryer on and let it blow into the box. Sticky paint should be dry and cured in 45 minutes.

Anyway, on to the finished product!

I also put a lighting system in it. I took a string of 50 LED bulbs and a battery pack and glued 49 of them in an array inside the screen. The remaining one I used as an indicator light.

And of course, there is a part that slides out so that I can replace the graphic for their encounter.

Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.34 MB
Creative build... looks like it has seen a lot of use. Well done!