PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-10-2020, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery

Hi All.

Although there doesn't appear to be a great deal of interest in WH40k builds, I'll persevere with posting them here, if, for no other reason, to make me feel the builds were worthwhile. I was considering doing a build thread for the next Ork tank, but I'll see how it goes.

Anyway, here we go - Patoroch's latest design, based, obviously on the Italian Obice da305/17G of WW1.

Planned as a quick (weekend build), all went pretty well, and, like almost every one of Patoroch's designs, the fit is brilliant. I left this one alone regarding additional layering, recolouring etc. To be honest, I built it to give the A7V something to tow!

Hope it might be of some interest guys - I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but the general ease of construction makes them an enjoyable build.
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-1.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-2.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-3.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-4.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-5.jpg  

WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-6.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-ork-heavy-artillery-7.jpg   WH40K Ork Heavy Artillery-obice.jpg  

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Google Adsense
Old 06-10-2020, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
nice build on both of these well done
Old 06-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I was looking at some of those 40K model files. There does seem to be a bunch of bits and pieces to stick onto them.

I have been contemplating building the Remora which is some kind of flying machine. The pdf has a red, blue, yellow, and uncolored version. Like I mentioned, contemplating. There is a bunch of other things in the queue before the Remora is even printed.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Keep them coming, these builds are a welcome change.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
Thanks for the feedback guys - your words always make me want to build more.

Give it a go Doug - they're relatively quick builds and the actual modelling is fairly straightforward - they're far more like three dimensional decoupage!

Next model (already printed) is the Ork tank, based on the British Mk IV of WW1. Am still contemplating some sort of build thread (it'll slow me down a bit - which is a good thing!)

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2020, 08:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Keep building, looking good.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:21 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Yes, Shawn please keep them coming. I've built at least a half dozen WH40K vehicles and your recent threads have inspired me to recolor and build another - a Death Corps of Krieg Centaur utility vehicle pulling a heavy mortar. I will post photos when the model(s) are completed. You've done a great job on this Orc Heavy artillery piece. I haven't gone Orcish myself, since I'm an Imperial Guards guy.