PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-08-2020, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
That looks great!
Old 05-09-2020, 12:04 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Great progress!!!!
Old 05-17-2020, 02:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
thx for comments

I was thinking about a model for a 3D printer and it occurred to me that, the side ships in the comic are separate units capable of flying, they could be interchangeable, they would have handles on both sides and a friend's son could snap them on both sides, so I drew "lock", which I put instead of the white place where they go to stick the shoulders and on the other side, so that the ships can be glued the other way around, because they have symmetrical hulls, "counterpart" (the same texture) I also put on the bottom of the shoulders, magnets would be placed in the arms (it would be enough for the outermost) and in the ships on both sides of the metal pads or nuts, so the ships would be removable and interchangeable on a paper model too

I finally textured the parts and tested them on 3D model, so maybe I show something glued together next time. (I don't currently have color ink in my printer :( )
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-132.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-133.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-125.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-127.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-128.jpg  

Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-129.jpg  
Old 05-17-2020, 04:11 AM

I like modular designs! So many opportunities to display and have fun!
Old 05-18-2020, 12:09 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
I like modular designs! So many opportunities to display and have fun!

Agreed.

Many possibilities for modification and original designing.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:46 AM

Finally I managed to have the plastic parts cut to the hull frames with a waterjet cutting machine.

I also printed out the parts of the model, now I will paint them with matt varnish and I can finally start build a color beta.

I discovered a site where they sell neodymium magnets (with a magnetic force from 0.07kg to 1100kg), so I'm trying to order some small and make removable side rockets
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-139.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-141.jpg  
Old 05-28-2020, 12:06 AM

Cool!

Do you still plane for a paper version or just 3D plastic?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:36 AM

Neodymium magnets are very strong. If you attach them directly to the surface you could tear the model apart when you try to remove the part. You can adjust the strength of the magnets by adding several additional layers of plastic to the inside before attaching the magnet. That will strengten the part as well.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 AM

DC, of course, I will optionally make a template for cutting from cardboard, but this is a beta build and I have to test how accurate the individual parts are, and because I´m not very good with cutting 1mm thick cardboard, I will help myself as I know, if I had a laser, it would be burned from cardboard.

Revell-Fan, I know, therefore I ordered different sizes of magnets, then I will test which is how strong and whether it will be only through 2 papers or even through 1mm plastic / cardboard

20pcs Cylinder 3x2
20pcs Cylinder 2x1
20pcs Cylinder 5x8
20pcs Cylinder 5x15
20pcs Block 5x5x2
20pcs Block 7x7x3
50pcs Cube 5x5x5
1pc Magnet with eye 290kg
1pc Anti-jam cone for 290kg magnet (yellow)
1pc Steel hook
1pc Rope 340kg (orange 30m)

:D :D :D

So I glued the coat to the hull frames and the frames can be seen, it's pretty awful, but at least the hull is straight...

So again to the drawing board, actually to the sketchup.

But I will continue to draw until the ordered magnets arrive and test how strong they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-142.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-143.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-144.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-145.jpg  
Old 06-05-2020, 12:29 PM

Now I finally have a magnets and only fit one type horizontally. I've reworked almost all the parts and it's getting pretty complicated.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-146.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-147.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-148.jpg  
Google Adsense