PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-17-2020, 10:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine

RAWEN built a model of the starship GALAXIA, drawn by alien99, 30 years ago I build the model from ABC magazine with some modifications

the last picture is for comparison with the Galaxia drawn by alien99 (both models built by my friend fito)

I decided to build an extended version of the Galaxia starship from ABC to be more similar to the first comics ship image
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-080.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-081.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-083.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-17-2020, 12:24 PM

I drew about 5 versions only in MS Paint, but the original model was not accurate because it was drawn manually and not with a computer, so I assembled starship Galaxia in Sketchup back from the exploded parts and textured it. I finally adjusted the length according to the model in the comics.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-animated-rozdiel.gif   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-085.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-067.jpg  
Old 04-17-2020, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
That's cool!
Old 04-17-2020, 03:26 PM

Thank you, the Galaxia is textured, but of course it doesn't fit everywhere, because it's inaccurate, but it is enough to illustrate and there was also a book, according to which the comic was drawn and there is also the length of the starship, about 2km, so I could make it in 1: 1 scale. On a red background is a human figure. In 3D Warehouse I also found a pretty nicely modeled Prometheus, so I put them on the same scale to see the impressive dimensions of the Galaxia starship and tried to model the Galaxia, which alien99 drew, but that's more complicated. I create and textured Prometheus from ABC magazine too, its cute. 3D Prometheus in comparison with guide drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-059.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-058.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-066.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-042.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-051.jpg  

Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-prometheus-011.jpg  
Old 04-18-2020, 02:12 PM

I reduced the 3D model to the required size (to fit half of the deck on A4 sheet) and exported it to Pepakura Designer, where I unfolded the hull to make an alpha version.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-071.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-073.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2020, 01:50 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Cool idea!

Where can this magazine be found?

I like the redraw that you're working on.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:32 PM

This comic was published in the magazine in 1984- 1986, but later it was published separately in the book, although the paper version is sold out, but still is available a czech e-book, but I do not know if there is an english translation.

https://www.martinus.sk/?uItem=189755

Thanks kindly.

Last edited by toudi sk; 04-19-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:11 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Anyone interested in getting the kit, I found a link here.

ALIENS Papercraft-papírové modely

Derivative design but the kit looks well designed!

Have at it!
Old 04-21-2020, 01:25 PM

Yes, the alien99 Galaxia is a very impressive model.

In the meantime I glued the alpha version of the fuselage and I have to make a few adjustments, include the thickness of the paper in the holes, definitely make more and stronger frames in fuselage, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-076.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-075.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-074.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-079.jpg  
Old 04-22-2020, 08:33 AM

Galaxia modified, parts unfolded and stored on A4 sheets, I can start build beta model.
Attached Thumbnails
Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-078.jpg   Starship Galaxia from ABC magazine-galaxia-084.jpg  
Google Adsense