PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-18-2020, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!

Hi Guys,

Well, following on from the previous two builds (the Sentinel and Cyclops), I chose to get my teeth into another of Patoroch's designs - the Medusa Siege Gun, and I can say it was probably the most enjoyable build ever for me.

Perhaps it's the fact that lockdown has allowed more time to really get into a project, I'm not sure, but I do know that I cant bestow enough praise on the designer for creating these templates, and for making them so easy to adapt, allowing even the novice builder to create something unique.

As with my last two builds, I added a considerable number of layers, as well as recolouring, but also went a little further with this one, changing many static parts of the model into moving parts - the main wheels and jockey wheels rotate. The jockey wheel mounts raise and lower. The gun carriage moves independently of the wheels and the breech is hinged, allowing it to open and close (I've included a photo below which hopefully illustrates the changes).

Anyway, here we go - I hope you enjoy and, as always comments are always welcome.

Take care all, Shawn
Attached Thumbnails
WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-000.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-3.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-4.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-6.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-7.jpg  

WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-8.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-9.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-10.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-13.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-14.jpg  

WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-15.jpg   WH40K - Medusa Siege Gun - A 10 On The Build Enjoyment Scale!!-16.jpg  

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Google Adsense
Old 05-18-2020, 06:23 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Wonderful! I love how you've made so many parts fully functional. Really outstanding work in every way. The diorama base shows it off very well. The quarantine has resulted in many special models.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.26 MB
Fantastic! Love the bold recoloring and the moving parts!

https://www.vigilantesculpting.com
Old 05-18-2020, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
great build well done
Old 05-19-2020, 06:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Excellent detailing, and a great series of photos showing it off!
Google Adsense