PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-06-2020, 04:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build

One of Patoroch’s latest designs – based on the German A7V Tank of WW1.

A really enjoyable build but with some challenges…

Even after the reissue of the model by Patoroch after an error in the front plates had been identified, I just couldn’t get them to fit, so redrew them myself (see last photo - of original and my redrawn plate for differences). I also redraw the exhaust stack that was intended to be cut and bent into a right angle, which I just couldn’t do cleanly (see last photo). There’s one piece I just couldn’t place – any ideas? (see last photo).

Please don’t take the above as anything more than build hints – and no way of critism of Patoroch’s design, which, as always is admirable – THANK YOU PATOROCH!

Next on the cutting mat has to be its stable mate – based on the British WW1 tank – though I’m tempted by his newest release the Big Ork Cannon! Does anyone have a preference??

Attached Thumbnails
WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-5.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-7.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-8.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-9.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-10.jpg  

WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-11.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-13.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-2.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-3.jpg   WH40K Ork Tank - new release model build-untitled-1.jpg  

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2020, 05:56 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Great job on the Orc tank, Shawn. The WH40K models are addicting, aren't they? They appear very complicated with all the layering and detail, but they're really pretty straightforward builds. Nicely done!
Old 06-07-2020, 12:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
Thanks Don. You're right, the layering makes them look far more detailed than perhaps they really are. Like I said, a few challenges with this one, but I'm glad I persevered with it.

"When a habit begins to cost money....it's called a hobby."