PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-27-2021, 02:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
An artist by the name of Paul Kiesling has 3D renders he has done in 3ds Max over on ArtStation. They are done without textures and might provide more details.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Old 11-27-2021, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 269.64 MB
woooaaa! Its awsome!!!
Old 11-28-2021, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgr View Post
IT IS DONE.

It's been almost a year. I pretty much abandoned the build because the front part was quite inaccurate to the show, and truss that connected the two side pieces to the front part ( I hesitate to call it a bridge because you never know with expanse ships) were unfolded in a way that made them almost impossible to build. I thought I'd just quickly redesign and print those parts, then decided on a complete revamp of the front of the ship. Problem was, I just didn't have the energy for it. I spent month doing maybe an hour of research every second weekend, poring on the four or five photos of the Truman class you can find online and trying, and failing, to come up with a design closer to the show's. I even considered 3D printing some parts. Eventually I gave up and reverted to a design much closer to Cheesy's original with just a few tweaks and a texture more to my liking.

Well, here it is. the built quality leaves a lot to be desired but it is a complete model and it's going on the display cabinet and I don't have to see its half finished fuselage looking at me accusingly whenever I enter the spare room.

Nice work sir, yeah I imagine a lot of the issues have come from the way I do stuff when I design the builds. My intention is to try and detail everything I do but I spend so much time tweaking and modifying stuff on the fly it I tend to miss or forget stuff especially if I come up with a 'light build' solution to an issue on the spot.

I love the design and build and the problem solving of it but I am awful at the documentation of the design, build and solutions I come up with.

Grats on the build though, nice work!
Old 12-03-2021, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 MB
I have to admire you for even designing this model based on so little available information. I had a lot more to go on when designing the Rocci.