PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-22-2021, 05:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Ideal Planet Rocinante

I ordered this puppy on Kickstarter a long ime ago. This was way back when I had first got in to the show and was desperately looking for a model of the show's 'work horse' hero ship. The search for this model eventually brought me here where I found Michealgr's amazing paper version and let's just say that started a whole new hobby for me. A few years and several models later I get home from work to find this waiting for me.

Be aware this may get very picturey.

Also I know this is a paper model forum and this isn't a paper model so if this posts content isn't right for the forums please feel free to remove

Anyway I went for the Polygottal version of the Kickstarter, it's one of the secret code words that is hidden in the secret safe on board the Tachi and is used to denote that the ship is on black ops mission, some folk may remember it as Alex's Donkey Balls story.

Anyway as you can see this gets you a whole load of stuff. Not all of it is pictured but it includes

- The Roci model, with attachable PDCs. The legs move and it can be stood upright. The engine bell also lights up (pictured)

- Metal plates with imprints of The Donnie, Agatha King and Cant. These things solid and weigh a fair bit. (Pictured)

- Insignia badges for the UN, MCR and OPA. These are really stunning they come in cased in a plastic holder attached with magnets so they can be removed (Pictured)
- UN and MCRN wall 'flags' (not pictured)
- A range of stickers and patches (not pictured)
- Some pin badges I recognise the Cant Exo badge I am a little stuck on what the other two represent (not pictured)
- Four official envelopes each contains a propagande poster for the UN, MCRN, Roci and OPA (not pictured)
Attached Thumbnails
Ideal Planet Rocinante-unbox1.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-unbox2.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-unbox3.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate1.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate2.jpg  

Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate3.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate4.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate5.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate6.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-plate7.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2021, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
Pictures of the Roci
Attached Thumbnails
Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci1.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci2.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci3.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci4.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci5.jpg  

Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci6.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci7.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci8.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci9.jpg   Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci10.jpg  

Ideal Planet Rocinante-roci11.jpg  
Old 03-22-2021, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Pretty cool collection!
Old 03-23-2021, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Looks pretty nice....
Old 03-23-2021, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That looks like a really cool model, I thought about getting in on the Kickstarter since there is a dearth of Expanse merch available, but I just couldn't justify the cost to myself (it's half of a Bandai PG 1/72 Millennium Falcon which is my Holy Grail model kit).

I just built Michael's in the Tachi paint scheme as a prelude to scratch building her in plastic. I really got an appreciation both for Michael's design skill and how deceptively simple the Roci is. She's almost all flat planes, but the way they go together to become greater than the sum of her parts is amazing. I've got a couple of Bandai Star Wars kits that I'm finishing up, then I'm on to starting her.
Google Adsense