PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Post A very small Thunderbird 4

Well after what seems a lifetime waiting for INK to arrive i fianally got round to printing and building Thunderbird 4 which i have been promising our Phil {Gixergs} i would build next. I don't know the designers name because it's not on the sheet of parts. I haven't been able to do any edge cleanups or colouring because i haven't got the right colours yet - so pretty much as is at the moment. There are only 26 parts to this build - and most of them are very small - She is all of 50mm {5cm} long. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1079.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1081.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1092.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1094.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1095.jpg  

A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1096.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1097.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1098.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1099.jpg   A very small Thunderbird 4-dscf1100.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Nice build peter, and small. Is the going to be a T2 and pod for it to live in.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
That looks awesome, Peter! At 5cm long, the scale is probably around 1/200? I have a 1/72 TB2 and comparing TB4 against the size of the pod in the TB TV series, that would seem to work - maybe you could rent it out for some exploration on 1/200 Yamatos and other seabed attractions?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
Nice build peter, and small. Is the going to be a T2 and pod for it to live in.
Umm... Just maybe Glad you like her mate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
That looks awesome, Peter! At 5cm long, the scale is probably around 1/200? I have a 1/72 TB2 and comparing TB4 against the size of the pod in the TB TV series, that would seem to work - maybe you could rent it out for some exploration on 1/200 Yamatos and other seabed attractions?
Pleased you like her too mate. Nice idea you have... perhaps some clever mixing could actually have them in the same ocean.... umm
Old 08-16-2009, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Yay Pete you really were missing the old cut & paste weren't you?.Nice build done very quickly me old Mate now all you need do is build another Titanic as a wreck and you've got a diorama,or maybe a Mars rocket. Great build and another tiny model from you, you really have run out of room haven't you?.Have a gaspy face as well
Old 08-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Yay Pete you really were missing the old cut & paste weren't you?.Nice build done very quickly me old Mate now all you need do is build another Titanic as a wreck and you've got a diorama,or maybe a Mars rocket. Great build and another tiny model from you, you really have run out of room haven't you?.Have a gaspy face as well
Thanks mate glad you like and it's not so much the fact that i've ran out of room, more of a running out of eyesight problem - i need some new glasses because this was almost too small for me to go with :( but hey... i get there in the end :D A Titanic diorama.... umm, let me play with some pictures and see what i can do
Old 08-16-2009, 04:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Dito here with the glasses, been struggling over the last 6 months. I think thats why my building has slowed down, well that and cash flow problems, after all we are in a 'downturn'. Got to get it sorted.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhbell View Post
Dito here with the glasses, been struggling over the last 6 months. I think thats why my building has slowed down, well that and cash flow problems, after all we are in a 'downturn'. Got to get it sorted.
It's a pain in the preverbial my friend, but i guess with all the eye strain on the Tirpitz build did for mine in the end because on some parts i was using two pairs of tweezers to hold parts my fingers would just hide away. The cash flow.... umm, the flow on mine is all away like the tide going out and unfortunately the tide doesn't quite make it back to the shore and further away everytime it does :( oh well.... better days soon i hope so long as i can get something printed and i can cut-fold and glue it for display on here i will remain up-beat - this place and you guys mean a great deal to me - my way of ballancing my world :D
Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Forum Helper

Yay Pete you really were missing the old cut & paste weren't you?.Nice build done very quickly me old Mate now all you need do is build another Titanic as a wreck and you've got a diorama,or maybe a Mars rocket. Great build and another tiny model from you, you really have run out of room haven't you?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
:D A Titanic diorama.... umm, let me play with some pictures and see what i can do
Will this do you Phil
Attached Thumbnails
A very small Thunderbird 4-tb4-titanic-wreck.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Nicely done Pete good old Photoshop!