PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Galactica Raptor

I downloaded the plans from J-Leslie a while back. His model is a basic build and a wonderful piece to modify. This model has drastic make-over and I hope that you enjoy the build.

I copied the instrumentation from a H-64 Blackhawk, It has that futuristic digital read outs.

Constructed bulkheads for the cab and cabin.

All of the inside is scratch built and built as I went. I do not have any templates for the build.
Attached Thumbnails
Galactica Raptor-001.jpg   Galactica Raptor-002.jpg   Galactica Raptor-003.jpg   Galactica Raptor-004.jpg   Galactica Raptor-005.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-006.jpg   Galactica Raptor-007.jpg   Galactica Raptor-008.jpg   Galactica Raptor-009.jpg   Galactica Raptor-010.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-011.jpg   Galactica Raptor-012.jpg   Galactica Raptor-013.jpg   Galactica Raptor-014.jpg   Galactica Raptor-015.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-016.jpg   Galactica Raptor-017.jpg   Galactica Raptor-018.jpg   Galactica Raptor-019.jpg   Galactica Raptor-020.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I built that model. Mine was just a shell. Yours is fantastic. Have you considered making the parts available as a supplement to the kit. It really brings the model into a whole new level. I love anything BSG and your interpretation of the model is excellent!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I built that model. Mine was just a shell. Yours is fantastic. Have you considered making the parts available as a supplement to the kit. It really brings the model into a whole new level. I love anything BSG and your interpretation of the model is excellent!

I considered that a bit late in the build. I would have to do the model over again and make the parts more feasible. This model was like a beta build except that I did not make templates for the extra parts. I may still do it but I have a lot on my plate right now and I do one model at a time. I tried doing multiple threads and it gets confusing some times.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM

i like it
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanma View Post
i like it
Jeanma, Did You built this model? I think it was on the French paper model site. if you did, I copied the build thread and used it to help me build the shell for this Model.
Google Adsense
Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.52 GB
Hello silveroxide,

that´s a very cool looking model. your addons are beautiful and revalue this model to the next level.

René
Old 07-03-2009, 03:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
great job and a good idea using that cockpit
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Eternal Member

Galactica Raptor

I bunched the pics so I could make a fast Thread.

I made a bunch of little details from BSG Raptor pics/archives

The Tail section was a little flimsy, So A base was made to make for better adhesion.

Like on the radome, rounded or concaved the top of the tail section.

Discarded the original engines and scratched built them. I used the width of a AA battery and cut strips to make the raised surface. Laminated small strips for the protrusions in the engines. I used downloaded pics of the engines and cut and pasted until I got the strips for the engine skin on the ribs as well as the indented engine.

The hardest part that had me stumped, was that concave canopy. I used a blister pack and bent carefully until I got the desired effect.

So this is another done thread. If you want the viper M-II done the BSG way and My way, let me know. There is a hangar build with the vipers
Attached Thumbnails
Galactica Raptor-021.jpg   Galactica Raptor-022.jpg   Galactica Raptor-023.jpg   Galactica Raptor-024.jpg   Galactica Raptor-025.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-026.jpg   Galactica Raptor-027.jpg   Galactica Raptor-028.jpg   Galactica Raptor-029.jpg   Galactica Raptor-030.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-031.jpg   Galactica Raptor-032.jpg   Galactica Raptor-033.jpg   Galactica Raptor-034.jpg   Galactica Raptor-035.jpg  

Galactica Raptor-036.jpg   Galactica Raptor-037.jpg   Galactica Raptor-038.jpg  
Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
May I make a suggestion?

If you do decide to do a supplemental kit, why not forward a copy to Jaybats, and mention it as a way to say thank you for all his work. Your work is awesome, and I'm sure he'd be pleased with it.

K'Jev
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Raptor

I remeber this build, ecxellent additions all arround.

Husker
Google Adsense