PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Perfect sense, Peter, I would love to have a physical Wayback machine to go back and rescue all my old toys and books - I still find bits and pieces from time to time "oh oh, that's the left main gear cover from the Airfix SM-79 I set on fire in 1977...."

If only we had known then....
I sooooo wish i had one particular item from my Vroooooom Whooooooosh Bannnnnnnnng days ! A neighbour went on holiday to Skegness and brought back a prezzy for me.... not a stick of rock or a bag of candy floss, but the BIGGEST Thunderbird 2 i had ever seen - being only a little lad i guess it may just have seemed huge. It had 4 buttons which when pressed, released the sprung loaded legs "Boing" and a little lever released the pod which had opening doors, a slide out section for TB4 and YES TB4 was INCLUDED.... the side pod sections had batteries which had a switch to turn the flashing lights of the motors on and off. There were a pack of stickers which were the peel and stick sort which my dad did for me. I also recall that the plastic those days had a nice smell to it - i think this was what i now know is mould releasing agent, but i may be wrong ! it just had a wonderful smell If you do get a time machine please invite me and our mates along for a ride back to a time when toys were made properly, and perhaps find out what the hell i did with them all
Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
I had that except mine came with the Mole which made bath times a bit difficult,I lost the drill in the bath overflow in the end.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
I had that except mine came with the Mole which made bath times a bit difficult,I lost the drill in the bath overflow in the end.
Was that the wind up one that lasted for ages after you wound it up ? With a proper removeable KEY... if yes, then this, like the TB2 is very collectible, although if i had them now i wouldn't part with them for love nor money my friend.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 PM

no it was just a moulded plastic one that fitted in the pod I did have the clockwork one in fact I had all but TB5 which Gary has finaly given me
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Yes... and you also have a very nice TB1 my friend
Ahhh well to tell the truth...............the one on the left is a Bandi toy/model that I built over 20 years ago and the one on the left, you know the story to that one.
The first big green I had was very large, but there was a jeep in the pod, Brains on holiday?
The Angel is looking fantastic Pete!
Attached Thumbnails
The Angel Interceptor-tb1.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-25-2009, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Yo.... we are forever young my friend - getting old is for other people to do You will find this model here:

DPILEGGI

and alot of other brilliant models by our resident designer THE MASTER we like to call him
Many Thanks!

K'Jev
Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd9 View Post
Ahhh well to tell the truth...............the one on the left is a Bandi toy/model that I built over 20 years ago and the one on the left, you know the story to that one.
The first big green I had was very large, but there was a jeep in the pod, Brains on holiday?
The Angel is looking fantastic Pete!
Yo... Let me say that the one YOU built {the smaller one} is far better detail than the other , but they're both good to have my friend :D. Glad you like the build thus far, only getting a small amount done per day, have to do it when my hands don't shake so much, and some days are worse than others. I take it that your TB2 is no longer in your possesion mate :( I think a MONSTER TOY NABBER took all our things away when we wasn't looking
See your building the Metcalfe Engine Shed... She's a beautiful model !

Last edited by peter taft; 08-25-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well the Toy Nabber missed a few of mine, and I have been lucky in finding "Cheap" replacements.
The pictures are a bit shakey, TB2 is another Bandi toy, and the others a packed shelves full of P****** kits built up over the years.
The Last pic is of my Bus collection (Growing every day) mostly from the Midlands.
Attached Thumbnails
The Angel Interceptor-tb1-001.jpg   The Angel Interceptor-tb1-002.jpg   The Angel Interceptor-tb1-003.jpg   The Angel Interceptor-tb1-004.jpg   The Angel Interceptor-tb1-005.jpg  

Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 AM

Can I come round and play? I had several of them myself the Big G included

Last edited by Gixergs; 08-25-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Can I come round and play? I had several of them myself the Big G included
Me TOO ! :D Nice collection my friend
Google Adsense