PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-29-2011, 11:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Waay to much effort to try and sit and figure out what diameter to use for what medium. I think I will just make a "USE AT OWN RISK" in my readme file. At least if the joints don't fit you still have the uncut / original parts and you can make them according to your own needs, and if my joints work ..... well then great.

Will be building the Black Heart soon. Just need to get a skin going that I would like to build it in.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it does look like a hybrid of those mechs combined. Good point.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Waay to much effort to try and sit and figure out what diameter to use for what medium. I think I will just make a "USE AT OWN RISK" in my readme file. .
Yes, that's my point - make just what's enough for you, but easy to adjust if necessary (and necessary it will be ).
My Warhammer IIC build thread mentioned a quick-and-dirty application I wrote to draw male/female joints, given diameter and length. I roughly figured out the math to reduce the male caliber given paper thickness, but due to scaling and cutting imprecision, instead of blindly trusting the drawing, in practice it's better building the male joint first, then using it as a mold to trim the female one.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 AM

So what mech would you like to see cfuruti ?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
So what mech would you like to see cfuruti ?
Are you serious? I thought by this time you'd wish a break from modelling/unfolding...

Let's dream a bit, first of all Shiftdel's Templar. Walter's Blood Asp. Then, the Mektek Hollander II and Behemoth. You mentioned you already have the models for the MW4 Canis and Loki.
But perhaps you could just finish the Cauldron Born and the Warthog.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
What about the Thor/Summoner (and subsequently, the Loki/Hellbringer)?
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2011, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Here's the Hellhound Gallery. Not done yet, but it'll be grand!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 PM

Oky lets see :

Templar : shiftdel is working on it, I already stole Fafnir from him. So unless he says I can finish it, I rather not. Even though I want the Templar too along with others, I would rather wait. He is sorta my mentor

Walters Blood Asp : That one is just about a 0% chance. I have e-mailed Walter on several occasions, he did reply once stating that another member upset-ted him when he wanted to work with MW4 mechs and the said member did not want to share some of the models with him. So for the time being he is holding onto his own work. I will e-mail him again. Maybe we get lucky since his Blood Asp is amazing. No offense to the Mektek Blood Asp, but the one in MP3 isn't as good as Walters.

Mektek Hollander II / Behemoth : I might take a stab at the Hollander II, as for the Behemoth, don't know, maybe in the future but that is way down in my list.

Canis / Loki : I gave those models along with the Black Knight to monkeyrum who is working on them. Oh yes. For those who don't know. The Black Knight is available from monkeyrum's deviant art page.

Cauldron Born : It is ready for download but I want to build this one myself before releasing it. I know, but I want to be the first one to build this Cauldy since it has a special place in my heart.

Warthog / Pig : Since it is loosely based on several mechs one of which is the Longbow, and is also the most prominent I feel that it is going to be a boring process. But yes. I need to finish it sometime right.

Thor : Hmmm, maybe. We will see.

I am actually waiting on Teslacoil over at mektek to give me the go ahead to work on his Firefly. So hopefully I will be hearing from him soon.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Hi modelers,

Anyone thinking of working on the Sagittaire???I love this mech but I don't have the modeling skills to design it
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Templar : shiftdel is working on it, I already stole Fafnir from him. So unless he says I can finish it, I rather not.
Oh, I wouldn't ask it of you. Certainly he's is well aware of the "most wanted Mech", so let's hope that after the Grizzly and a recent Star Trek side trek the Templar will be next... No one should complain, I guess 2011's a record year for MW paper model releases
Quote:
He is sorta my mentor
He probably pioneered public MW4 paper models, and modelling from scratch IIRC.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuruti View Post
Oh, I wouldn't ask it of you. Certainly he's is well aware of the "most wanted Mech", so let's hope that after the Grizzly and a recent Star Trek side trek the Templar will be next... No one should complain, I guess 2011's a record year for MW paper model releases

He probably pioneered public MW4 paper models, and modelling from scratch IIRC.
Yep, now Iīm aware that is the "most wanted mech", I didnīt know that it was so desired... interesting.

As everyone must know, I am pretty slow to model, or clean, or build, or anything

Besides this, Templarīs cleaning is almost done, just needing to review if everything s really Ok, and it will be ready to be Pepakured, which will take some more time.

Pioneered public MW4 mechs? Actually no, I got this fever with a model of the Daishi on a Taiwanese site (which also had MW3 Thor and Madcat), neither I pioneered modelling from scratch, that was an idea of Zecks.

What I simply did was to follow their path, and thanks to the papermodel community, we now have a lot of mech modelers and releasers, so no one can blame me for being too slow :D
Google Adsense