PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to moonwoka
Talking

Thank you for answers. Again, i had no intention to blame anyone. Blaar, you being "lazy" create more than me being "productive" :D
I do have superficial understanding how textures work. So i was looking for a way to tweak unfolded parts, rather than demanding Blaar (or Shiftdel, or anyone else) to spend even more of their precious time on every single model. Cfuruti's suggestion to use PDF printer might just work for me.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwoka View Post
So i was looking for a way to tweak unfolded parts, rather than demanding Blaar (or Shiftdel, or anyone else) to spend even more of their precious time on every single model
My latest mech (MW4 Osiris) required some 2D tweaking, the previous one (Warhammer IIC) quite a lot. The current one? Looks like I'll spend more time with a mouse in hand than a blade...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BE PICKY! Just something I remembered from a while back. On some of the alternate skins on the Fafnir, the textures for the cockpit came out in the wrong spot.

But I'm still grateful for the 'mech!

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwoka View Post
Thank you for answers. Again, i had no intention to blame anyone. Blaar, you being "lazy" create more than me being "productive" :D
I do have superficial understanding how textures work. So i was looking for a way to tweak unfolded parts, rather than demanding Blaar (or Shiftdel, or anyone else) to spend even more of their precious time on every single model. Cfuruti's suggestion to use PDF printer might just work for me.
No worries. Please let me know if I can help in any way, if there is something you need I will gladly try and assist.

@kjev

Could you try and re-create the problem you encountered with the Fafnir's cockpit windows and let me know so that I can try and figure out what the problem is. I have made many patterns before I built my Fafnir beta and none of them had any problems. Perhaps one of the alternative skins I made ended up with a odd resolution instead of the usual 512x512.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Could you try and re-create the problem you encountered with the Fafnir's cockpit windows and let me know so that I can try and figure out what the problem is. I have made many patterns before I built my Fafnir beta and none of them had any problems. Perhaps one of the alternative skins I made ended up with a odd resolution instead of the usual 512x512.

Thanks
Sure. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Google Adsense
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.65 MB
Hello, guys. Just want to ask - anybody plans to make a Bushwacker? I say about MW-4 variant?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Just calling in that I (finally!) finished the Hellhound:

Used 200gr/m^2 paper. BAD IDEA, as you can see by the warping and glaring white spots... And it might be a bit faded after it sat on my desk unfinished...
As for the recap: It has 7 joints (arms, torso, hips and knees), is build in roughly 1/80, or half size. And it is one of the best 'Mechs in the Medium class of the game.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Nice build. Extreme flexibility with all the tiny joints. Last photo looks like a stepped on spider. Very fine work indeed.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:49 PM

Awesome! I have one going at the moment, but it's being built right from the printer. No joints, nothing fancy. The only customization I did was to make a skin from "Prairie Ghost" camo.

Your 'Hound looks fantastic.