PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Hello, Sean; I was wondering what was going over on the SW site. I go there once in awhile to see if any thing new. I got your troopers from there back when they came out. I am working on modding your troops in CW versions I could use your help though, I an wanting to make some of them into aircrew for the Gunships and such over at GofM's site. I really like that you made up paper troops as they are fitting to many projects. I always look forawrd to any ting new you make up.
Regards, Jeff
Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Modding the existing Stormtroopers on my end would be fairly easy, although I would not want to run over any progress you have made thus far. I would probably simply redo (or even just add to) the helmet and adjust the UV texture for the troopers. I'd likely then incorporate the varied markings and helmet designs into the one set, or subsets like I did with the B1 droids. I'm not 100% happy with the assembly of the troopers, but to save time, I would not make modifications to the layout at this point.

I do not have gobs of time of late, but if you want I can have a look at it and let you know. It would save you development time at the least, and really is only about 4-5 hours work for me (probably half that trying to sort out my old models and texture layouts).

Tirick
Old 09-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Hi Sean;
That would be great if you did take a look and see what you could do, I have only cut&pasted in a new faceplate and redid the rifle to be more like the CW versions as I figured, no pun intended, that the armor at that size would look pretty much the same.. Mine are a bit crude. So, what ever you come up with would most likely be better than mine. Also I am wanting to scale them to go with GofM's LAAT, how hard would that be? most of the work I do is in PhotoShop. I just still think it is cool that some one even came up with paper SW figs. I love the battle droids as well.
Thanks Again for any help.
Jeff
Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 PM

I'll see what I can whip up this week.

I would be surprised if GoM's LaaT was not already 1:50 scale. Most of his other work was intended to scale with the WotC miniatures, which are very close to 1:50 (one of the reasons I chose that scale). Scaling should not pose much of an issue if it is not.

How wide is the wingspan and how long tail-nose? I can figure out the scale from that if you would like. At 1:50, it should be about 35 cm long and a little narrower in the wing, maybe 34 cm. (give or take 13" or 14" each way, if you prefer Imperial).

Tirick
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
lol, i thought feet/in is an american unit,

only americans still use them, no?

but i suppose many in the world view us as the new imperials, lol,

anyway, jokings aside, i can't wait to see the clone figures, i will drop everything else and build a squad of thsoe when i see them
Google Adsense
Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
It will be a cold day in Hell when American hardware standard change. There are far more variety of bolt and nut sizes than metric. The fact is that any American that works on anything knows how to use both systems and owns tools for working on both standards. I own American and Metric based vehicles.

I love your Speeder by the way. I think it is excellent! You build is inspiring.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 PM

Tirick;
Your scaling sounds about right to me and the length is around 12" so go with what you feel is best. Can't wait to see them specially pilots,lol
Jeff
Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
thanks for the compliments, Z, these words are also very inspiring for me

And i used to carpool with one of these american know-how. he is solely responsible for the entire sprinkler system at UCLA, and can calculate water pressures/head and pipe length required all in his head without any tools, he did not even attend college

so i take my hat off to all you american workers! perhaps Detroit really did deserve the bailout!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:41 AM

Thank you for the compliments all, I shall endeavor to match your expectations.

I was taught metric in school, but I still think imperial for a lot of base measurements, so I can switch between fairly readily. I still find it amusing to hear older Canadians complain about the expense of switching, despite the fact that nearly the entire civilized planet now uses it.