PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhvink View Post
Rhaven,

Load the last file into your paint program and save it as a .JPG file.
Then it will upload.

Nice drawings, by the way.

Mike
It is saved as a .JPG file, but it still will not upload.
This is the message I am getting when I try to upload it.
(This BMP image has the incorrect file extension.)
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM

I was just looking at the file, and I think that it might be to big to upload. It is 2.92MB. I do find it a bit odd because all of my other ones are under 200KB. So I am not sure of what to do now. Oh well.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
RB:

I have an archaic version of 3D Studio, MAX3 which I just barely know the basics. I am just starting to learn texturing. It is a lot more tedious than I imagined. Another problem I have is triangular ordering. Two slanted quads with identical coordinates fails to be symmetrical because the triangles are ordered the same on both quads! Manually reordering each quad is not an option at this point.

Another problem I have with 3DS is that I would make a part, mirror it, so I have supposedly symmtrical parts for both the left and right side. But after I import it to pepakura the mirror transformation is not performed so I end up with two left parts. It is driving me nuts. Wish I had invested my time in a better CAD software.

Anyway, after I sort all these out I'd be happy to try to turn one of your original creations into a production model

MS
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 212.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
I was just looking at the file, and I think that it might be to big to upload. It is 2.92MB. I do find it a bit odd because all of my other ones are under 200KB. So I am not sure of what to do now. Oh well.

Okay, you can try to either resize the image smaller or reduce the number of colors. then resave it and that should reduce the file size. If you reduce the image size by 50%, that should significantly reduce the size of the saved file. When you resave it, give it a different name so you don't over-write your original file.

Mike
Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhvink View Post
Okay, you can try to either resize the image smaller or reduce the number of colors. then resave it and that should reduce the file size. If you reduce the image size by 50%, that should significantly reduce the size of the saved file. When you resave it, give it a different name so you don't over-write your original file.

Mike
I just resized it. It is now 1.44 MB. It is only a simple line drawing, there is no "color" to it. I tried to upload it after resizing it and got the same message as before.
So at this point I am not sure of what to do now.
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksolo View Post
Another problem I have with 3DS is that I would make a part, mirror it, so I have supposedly symmtrical parts for both the left and right side. But after I import it to pepakura the mirror transformation is not performed so I end up with two left parts.
MS
I use Maya and when I mirror the same thing happens.
This is because the mirrored part has a negative value in the axes you mirrored in. Because it has a negative "normal" value Pepakura places the texture on the inside of this part, which, when unfolded literally flips the part back so the textured side is up, resulting in your problem.

Not sure about MAX but in Maya I "reverse the normals" of the mirrored part, this solves the problem for me.

Hope it helps.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
I just resized it. It is now 1.44 MB. It is only a simple line drawing, there is no "color" to it. I tried to upload it after resizing it and got the same message as before.
So at this point I am not sure of what to do now.
What software do you use to convert the file?

You can also try reducing the resolution, 300dpi is more than enough.

If all else fails, you can email me the file, and I'll see if I can correct the problem for you in photoshop...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 AM

TC:
PM me your e-mail address and I will send you what I have.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Here is my WIP. I do not know what I did, but I was able to upload the redesign of the Thunderfighters that I am currently working on. I am going to scratch build both.

TC:
As you can see I was able to fix the problems.

Scratch built Thunder Fighter-starfighter-mk3.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-starfighter-mk3bb.jpg
Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Glad you got it figured out! The ThunderFighter has always been in my top 5 of coolest fighters of all time!
Google Adsense