PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
is it just me or do those redesigns have a uncanny resemblance to the hammerhead fighters from SAAB
Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf111 View Post
is it just me or do those redesigns have a uncanny resemblance to the hammerhead fighters from SAAB
I have to admit it does resemble the hammerhead fighters from SAAB, but that was not my original intent. I have always liked the concept of the forward swept wing design of the X-29 and I thought the Thunder Fighter would look good with FSW. So I took the wings off the X-29 and mated them with the Thunder FIghter. It was not until after I was finished with the design that I realized the resemblance.
After I finish scratch builing both the single seater and quad seater, I will post both here.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 AM

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have started scratch building my FSW Thunder Fighter MK-3. Once I am finished, I will post pics of it. It will be bigger the the one I posted earlier in this thread. I am hoping to be done be the end of the week.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Cool. Now I have something to look forward to for the weekend!

K'Jev
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, Here a taste of how it is looking so far.
As you can see, I have been working on both the top and bottum sides at the same time.
I have desided to turn this into some what of a build thread. So please enjoy it.
The last time I tried to attemp this on this scale, I tried to build both sides seperately, and then glue the two halves together, but it did not work too well. both sides had bowed to much for me to fix. So as you can see I have started all over again. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to finish it be the end of the week like I thought (and wanted to). A few things have come up that need my attention. I will continue though, to post my progress.
I am hoping to be able to put in as much detail as my skills will allow.

Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3680.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3681.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been working more on the Thunderfighter. I have finished the cockpit and added supports for top half of the main body hull.
I am sorry that these are not the best pics., but my camera is having problems, so I used my phone's camera to take the pics.

Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0211.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0213.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0214.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0215.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0216.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0217.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-sp_a0218.jpg
Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,
Here, for your viewing pleasure is another update t(and more pics. to my project.
I added more detail to the seat. I am thinking of adding a little more detail to the maim console as well. As you can see, I have started puting the skin on. I also attached supports for the rear lower (wings) stabelizers.
Unfortunately this is taking quite a bit longer then what I thought it would to finish. Oh well, I am still enjoying this build.

On a side note. I am working on a new design for this plane. I am going to redesign the engine sections and the exhaust.

Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3694.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3695.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3696.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3697.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3698.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3699.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-dscn3700.jpg
Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM

Here is another update to my build thread. As you can see I still have quite a bit to do, but I am getting there (slowly but surely.).:o:o:o

Scratch built Thunder Fighter-fscn3711.jpg Scratch built Thunder Fighter-fscn3712.jpg
Old 11-30-2009, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
I love the cockpit man! Nice job!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Yeah, nice job on the cockpit!

Awesome
Google Adsense