PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirco View Post
Hi all,
sorry for the big pause. It's spring time here, the weather is beautiful, bicycle season is starting (as if mine wasn't all year) and I sort of got hooked to steel and larger scales . The thing I've almost finished building looks quite like the Mule - does it count as an excuse?

I promise to resume as soon as possible. Pity there is only one Saturday and one Sunday in a week...

Never give up!

M.
Thanks for keep us posted Mirco. Enjoy the good weather and bicycling. Let us all know when you make progress! Keep on Trekkin!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
Hmm . . . looks like he's trekkin on a recumbant bicycle.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

I found two different Mule models and I'm looking for the version of the Serenity that I have if anyone is interested....
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Awesome Project, Indeed!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:34 PM

Hello Mirco,
Had a friend (Aeryn43) turn me onto this thread cuz ,surprise, I want a Serenity for myself. I was not at all prepared for this eye candy. Being a retired model kit designer, I'm no stranger to designing parts for assembly, but I am completely in awe of your talents. The level of detail is mind boggling, worthy of a plastic model kit. I wish you would get in touch with Mobius or Pegasus Models when you're done. Let them worry 'bout the legal stuff. Or better yet just send the CAD files to me and I'll take them to Shapeways or a stereo lithography place and do a 3D model. Have you seen the 12' movie model at QMX?
Check my math: 1/144= 18", 1/72= 36", 1/32= 6' My Gawd Man, I'll need to build an addition just for a shrine for this beastie. Keep up the amazing work, Mirco. You are, indeed, a genius.
Bruce
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 AM

You exaggerate, btbrush . But thank you, of course.

As per the plastic kit, I don't think it's doable. This virtual model is designed for unfolding, not to be a 3D representation. Some of the 3D parts are not physically possible because of overlapping areas that are to be ignored during the unfold. Most of the details are not 3D-modeled at all - I draw them as line graphics, already unfolded. For stereo lithography, I'd recommend some of the amazing models on foundation3d.com.

And some good news for everyone: I'm back on this project, now unfolding the big swirly thing around the stern. Going well so far.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

Quote:

As per the plastic kit, I don't think it's doable. This virtual model is designed for unfolding, not to be a 3D representation. Some of the 3D parts are not physically possible because of overlapping areas that are to be ignored during the unfold. Most of the details are not 3D-modeled at all - I draw them as line graphics, already unfolded. For stereo lithography, I'd recommend some of the amazing models on foundation3d.com.

And some good news for everyone: I'm back on this project, now unfolding the big swirly thing around the stern. Going well so far.
Any card model, or 3d model can be turned into a styrene, or resin model.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 PM

Has everyone seen the Reaverized 12 footer over at QMX? Things are slow getting to Iowa.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Banned

Woohoo! I found mine, I even found some refs, this is going to be fun, I've already figured out how to use the .pdf to create a styrene version. This is going to look great at about two, or three feet long, fully lit.

Quote:

Attached Thumbnails
the Firefly project-serenity_2-view.jpg   the Firefly project-serenitybuild-1.jpg   the Firefly project-serenitybuild-2.jpg  

Last edited by Neptune; 06-22-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:20 PM

That's shiney, Neptune. Where'd you find that? As I was saying for those who don't know, over at Quantum Mechanics, qmx.com, they unearthed the 12' shooting model of the Reaverized version of Serenity. Photographed every square inch of her. You probably won't find any better reference shots in the Verse.
Google Adsense