PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
hey, I am the worst thread hijacker and yet I am sometimes the biggest complainer!
at least we got tapcho back!!

hey...the boat would never have to make an appearance, if everyone could just keep their flood doors closed.lol
Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I thought the first picture was a "Borg Tinkerbell". It really got my interest up.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
As promised - pix!

Below are my images of the Tinkerbell model so far. The head with the blue ribbon is my "delta" build, compared to the one just prior. You can see some general differences in the seam work, placement of the hair pieces, etc. As for the remainder, they are essentially "alpha" builds to validate the construction, just as I did with the head. Read my prior posts for the specifics...
Ah, the leaf! I tried to show how the embossing work represents the viens, and the inclusion of a piece of toothpick in the stem gives it a nice 3D effect. Plus, the "mirrored" copy provided the underside of the leaf so any up-turned edges still show green...
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5828.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5829.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5830.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5831.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5832.jpg  

Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5833.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5834.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5835.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5836.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5837.jpg  

Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5838.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5839.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5840.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5841.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-img_5842.jpg  

Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM

hmm... i initially was worried about the masculenity of this project...

then i realized: tinky is... how to put this... pretty, to say the least.
On hold: SS Heart of Gold
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM

In line with that thought; a whole series of Bettie Page papercrafts would be awesome/get me in trouble with the Mrs.
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2010, 09:09 AM

You put Tinkerbell's head on a stake! You feind!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
This is coming along great! I know from experience how difficult these figures are to do well, but you're doing a fine job with her. I heartily second the Bettie Page papercraft idea .
Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Boy!

Show a little "boobie" around here, and chaos erupts!:D

So, is that a 'dirty, little secret' in papercrafting I've not discovered yet - cheesecake models?

Hey, other modeling media has it (well, resin kits abound if not injected plastic...) Remember the old Aurora 'monsters' which included the vampire "chick" and the 'victim' kits? Try that today... Actually, I believe the victim kit has been reissued/ resurrected by Moebius or Polar Lights.

I wonder - perhaps we could interest Uhu02 into designing a Princess Leia in the 'Jabba slave girl' outfit? You just have to pity Carey Fisher for her Star Wars association & that costume, but it has become iconic, same as Marylyn Monroe and the blown-up skirt image. Knowing his work, I wouldn't be surprised he would do the whole choking Jabba with the chain scene!

Head on a stick - that's funny! Just used some egg carton foam to make stands for the photo-shoot. Quick and easy - unlike vehicle models, these pieces tend to roll about the place.
Thanks for the encouragement guys, and yes, I need to get it finished:o

Last edited by rbeach84; 07-15-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM

I'm not nearly experienced enough to try designing my own yet, but papercraft cheesecake is something I could really get my hands around.

haha, I made a funny.

As long as we're talking that.... why not some of the late Boris Vallejo's work... Some of those would make impressive dioramas.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Rip?

Boris passed away?:(
Google Adsense