PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Loenf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 125
Incom T-47 Snowspeeder

Hi,
this is my latest model, a Snowspeeder from Star Wars. Its a especially for the Ice-Planet Hoth modified Incom T-47 Airspeeder.
The modell is a free one from Paper-Replika.com .All parts of the model fit perfectly together ( Okay, one part of the tail-unit is mirror-inverted:D).
There are many more nice Star Wars model at the site, so its not very easy to decide which model I build next.

regards Loenf
Attached Thumbnails
Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_1.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_2.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_3.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_4.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_5.jpg  

Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_6.jpg  
__________________
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2010, 05:22 AM
ThunderChild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 896
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Nicely done!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 276
I like it too A lot
__________________

"None so blind as those that will not see"
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
milenio3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,819
Very nice! Well done!

Good catch on the tail unit mirror-inverted feature. Can you please point out where in your model is it?

Also, did you find any issues when building this model? I've done other Paper-Replika models, without problems, but just wanted to make sure we are facing another great model from PR.
__________________
- Gerardo
Like me on Facebook, Blog and Forum in Spanish on Paper Modeling
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Loenf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by milenio3 View Post
Very nice! Well done!

Good catch on the tail unit mirror-inverted feature. Can you please point out where in your model is it?

Also, did you find any issues when building this model? I've done other Paper-Replika models, without problems, but just wanted to make sure we are facing another great model from PR.
Hi,
at the following Pictures you can see which part is mirror-inverted. I mirrored the part with a graphic editor and print it once again.
There were no issues, except the question: build it with open or closed canopy!

regards Loenf
Attached Thumbnails
Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-t47_6_inv.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-snowspeeder-kopie.jpg   Incom T-47 Snowspeeder-invertsnowspeeder.jpg  
__________________
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Rhaven Blaack's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 751
This does not look like a paper model. You have done a fantastic job on it.
__________________
If it can be thought of, it can be done.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:51 PM
vulcan8630's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: They call it....."The Rock"!!!!
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loenf View Post
Hi,
this is my latest model, a Snowspeeder from Star Wars. Its a especially for the Ice-Planet Hoth modified Incom T-47 Airspeeder.
The modell is a free one from Paper-Replika.com .All parts of the model fit perfectly together ( Okay, one part of the tail-unit is mirror-inverted:D).
There are many more nice Star Wars model at the site, so its not very easy to decide which model I build next.

regards Loenf



Outstanding! It looks better than the plastic modelkit. This is why I am falling for this type of 3D modelling! I noticed some raised panels. Is that detail in the design?
__________________
"There aren't evil guys and innocent guys. It's just...it's just...it's just a bunch of guys!"

Steve Arlo - "Zero Effect" - 1998
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Loenf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan8630 View Post
Outstanding! It looks better than the plastic modelkit. This is why I am falling for this type of 3D modelling! I noticed some raised panels. Is that detail in the design?
Hi, first of all: Thanks for the commendations! To Vulcan8630: Yes, its in the design, but I modified it with 0,7mm cardstock, so the thickness of the panels increases. Regards Loenf
__________________
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2