If it were a Mac, it would be an Emperor Titan
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Imperial Drop Ship/Shuttle Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
If it were a Mac, it would be an Emperor Titan
I saw this build thread a while back and read this same comment on that site! It is an awsome build, too bad there are no animatronics to make it radio control. It would be cool to see it lumbering around in the living room "DIE HERETIC DIE!"

Here are few updates on the Drop ship/Shuttle. This is not a full build thread but as soon as I fix some of the fit problems in this beta, I will do a complete build thread here on it and direct my other posting sites to it to generate more traffic. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-sshuttle-08.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle09.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle-10.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle-11.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
It looks really cool so far. I'd like to see what the outside looks like when she's finished.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjev View Post
It looks really cool so far. I'd like to see what the outside looks like when she's finished.
Still working on it. There are a lot of greebles to imagine, cut and paste.

The top array and greebles are done. Next installment will be on the underside. The graphics on the sides is just temporary, I may give panel choices and more imperial symbols in the final cut. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle-12.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle13.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle14.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-shuttle15.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Eternal Member

The bottom is done minus the landing skids. I am deliberating whether to make it a flying brick as in the Puddle Jumper from Star Gate or to give it wings and twin tails. I will ponder it some more but any ways, here are some more updates. The fit problems are minimal and require some small stuff trimming and patching.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-017.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-018.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-019.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-020.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Wings and twin tails would make it fit better with established IG designs,
Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.56 GB
I agree , wings and fins would make it more 'wh40k ish' but this is an incredible model even without them, especially to those of us unable to get the computer to do more than 'spit out a pic or two' thanks for sharing and again, great model!!:D
Old 11-09-2010, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifco2000 View Post
I agree , wings and fins would make it more 'wh40k ish' but this is an incredible model even without them, especially to those of us unable to get the computer to do more than 'spit out a pic or two' thanks for sharing and again, great model!!:D
And crude jet engines. Something looking like a WWII leftover.

And skulls. It's the happy Imperium of Man, so of course you need to decorate it with skulls everywhere.

Kinda like Wyoming, where I think it's a law that every building must be coated in dead animal heads hung on the walls.

Of course, Wyoming is still in the stone age, too.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Eternal Member

Here are a few pics of the engine. I spent a while in designing them. I used some of the schematics from Patoroch's Thunderhawk's engine. The tubing and details are from electrical wires. This engine is done but the next one will be a detailed build. The engine is a model by itself as a stand alone. The engine mount is from my Cherry Blossom kamikaze guided bomb. Enjoy and see you all next posting, now to work on how to mount them on the Drop ship/Shuttle craft.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-engine-1.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-engine-2.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-engine-3.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-engine6.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-engine5.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-engine4.jpg  
Old 11-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Eternal Member

The engines seem to take some time to design and build, even with Patoroch's parts. but here is a build sequence for the second engine. At the bottom I used a crimper for the corrugated look but you can place the piece flat as is.

Keep in mind that I am modifying extremely the Thunderhawk engine and cutting off a section so that it will not be overly long. but the same procedure can be accomplish for the Thunderhawks engine. See you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-001.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-003.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-004.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-005.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-007.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-008.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-009.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-010.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-011.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-012.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-013.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-014.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-015.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-016.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-017.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-018.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-019.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-020.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-021.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-022.jpg  

Google Adsense