PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Imperial Navy Watercrafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
AMAZING, just simply AMAZING!!! Excuse the pun, but your work is (as always) a cut above the rest. You are doing an absolutely OUTSTANDING job on this.

Thanks again for your vote of confidence Rhaven.

Now on with a few more updates on the LCP. First off I placed the side armor sans rivets, those will be forthcoming near the end.

The front prow is a bit tricky but follow the technique. The first thing, is to place the center piece with the angle on top glancing down. The next step is to glue the bottom part first and wait for it to set.
Once the bottom is set, force the sides down and it will form the curvature. Finally bring the top of the prow down. In this beta build I placed a trimmings around the top edge. On the inside of the ramp, slip strips are placed down as well as the frontal access panel. The view mesh is from window screen material.

This is it for now and see you all around the forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-062.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-063.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-064.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-065.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-066.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-067.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-068.jpg  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Eternal Member

I am catching up to my photos and soon I will start on the prop shaft and the screws. The weapons for the gun buckets are also on the fast burner. Here are a few more updates.

The hinges are made and on this beta build they are white but will be colored later on in the build. The hinge rod connector is a straighten paper clip.

The black strip is the waterline indicator and it will cover any gaps between the upper and lower section of the hull

The hinges are complete and in this photo, you can see the curvature of the forced prow as mentioned earlier. Here a views of the ramp down and up, a view from the aft section to the ramp. These are the last photos for now. I am working on the rest of the details and will update soon with more goodies. See you all around the forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-069.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-070.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-071.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-072.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-073.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-074.jpg  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Your landing craft and build technique make for a really believable and realistic model!

It would be ashamed if your ship got lost in the great mass of information. Maybe you could have a mod put it in it's own "Ships and Watercraft" tread, it is really awesome.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
This thing is not looking like a model anymore. It is looking more like a REAL craft. Are you sure that you are not building an actual Landing Craft and not a model. LOL
It is looking REALLY GOOD!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
This thing is not looking like a model anymore. It is looking more like a REAL craft. Are you sure that you are not building an actual Landing Craft and not a model. LOL
It is looking REALLY GOOD!!!
If I was making one in my basement, like Leroy Jethro Gibbs of NCIs, the puzzle would be How did he get those other four boats out of the basement. Only person I know to question this, was that CID officer.

But any how, mine fits into the palm of both hands and easy to move around.

Here is the update on the propulsion system and the rudders. I was considering using a jet propulsion system but opted to use the old fashion screw. This craft four bladed instead of the normally used three blade prop. For the blades, I made them individually and made a curve in them. The curve will give it stability when placed on the hub. If you keep them straight, they will tend to bend which ever way they want.

The rudders have a laminated center section to about the thickness of the toothpick. Keep the long end of the toothpick for now to help in the gluing and painting if needed. When you are ready to place them into the holes, Trim off the excess until the shaft fits fully into the hull.

In this beta build I had a large gap at the aft section of the hull. The plans should be okay. If you should have a gap, just place a strip across the end and it will be good to go.

The rivet details will come next followed by the ramp raising and lowering mechanism and finally the weapons system. See you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-076.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-077.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-078.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-079.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-080.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-081.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Your landing craft and build technique make for a really believable and realistic model!

It would be ashamed if your ship got lost in the great mass of information. Maybe you could have a mod put it in it's own "Ships and Watercraft" tread, it is really awesome.
Thanks for the compliment and support. I understand what you mean about it getting lost amongst the other builds in this thread. I am contemplating another water craft, like a riverine support attack boat patrol boat. If I should decide, then I will probably make a separate thread for it.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
If I was making one in my basement, like Leroy Jethro Gibbs of NCIs, the puzzle would be How did he get those other four boats out of the basement. Only person I know to question this, was that CID officer.

But any how, mine fits into the palm of both hands and easy to move around.

Here is the update on the propulsion system and the rudders. I was considering using a jet propulsion system but opted to use the old fashion screw. This craft four bladed instead of the normally used three blade prop. For the blades, I made them individually and made a curve in them. The curve will give it stability when placed on the hub. If you keep them straight, they will tend to bend which ever way they want.

The rudders have a laminated center section to about the thickness of the toothpick. Keep the long end of the toothpick for now to help in the gluing and painting if needed. When you are ready to place them into the holes, Trim off the excess until the shaft fits fully into the hull.

In this beta build I had a large gap at the aft section of the hull. The plans should be okay. If you should have a gap, just place a strip across the end and it will be good to go.

The rivet details will come next followed by the ramp raising and lowering mechanism and finally the weapons system. See you all next posting.
I watch NCIS as well (even though I am former US ARMY, HOOHA!!!), and I too wondered just how he got those boats out.
You are doing a really amazing job on this. The detail is (of course) outstanding. I greatly enjoy seeing your buiuls threads. Keep up the great work my friend.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks Rhaven, Just finished one of the cannons for the gun bucket. I am pleased as to how it came out. I will do a build thread of the other one soon. See you all soon around the forums.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member

This part of the build is multi use. You can use the cannon for any other vehicle or crew serve weapon for your arsenal. Next project is to make the gun mount to attach it to.

The pictures are better than words. You have three choices here. You can use my cannons following my guide, use the GW plastic, or use the one from the Sentinel in Patoroch's inventory.

Here are some of the first pictures. This sequence is pic heavy so I may have to separate it into more than one upload. Enjoy and see you all around the forums or the next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-082.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-083.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-084.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-085.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-086.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-087.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-088.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-089.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-090.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-091.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-092.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-094.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-095.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-096.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-097.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-098.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-099.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-100.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-101.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-102.jpg  

Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Eternal Member

Here are the last pics of the cannons. The back-screen is the one by Patoroch and in the front is the one by GW. That is it for now. See you all later around the forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-103.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-104.jpg  
Google Adsense