PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
I really like the guns. They look impressive and real. When I was in the army, the only heavy weapons I got to play with were MK-19s 40mm grenade launchers and M-134 mini-guns.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
I really like the guns. They look impressive and real. When I was in the army, the only heavy weapons I got to play with were MK-19s 40mm grenade launchers and M-134 mini-guns.
Myself, I was Infantry and the biggest guns I manage to operate were the 90 shoulder fired recoil-less, and TOW I did not do a plans sheet for them but the thread is easy to follow to make your own. I used the original as a guide to make them. I forgot to make the charging handle but the following pic has the update on the charger.

Here is a follow up on the mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-106.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-107.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-109.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-110.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-111.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-112.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
Myself, I was Infantry and the biggest guns I manage to operate were the 90 shoulder fired recoil-less, and TOW I did not do a plans sheet for them but the thread is easy to follow to make your own. I used the original as a guide to make them. I forgot to make the charging handle but the following pic has the update on the charger.

Here is a follow up on the mounts.
Well like I said before, they look really good. As usual, you have done an OUTSTANDING job again.

I too was Infantry, HOO-AH!!! If I may ask, where did you do your basic, Harmony Church or Sand Hill? I was in at Harmony Church. (My gods, that was a long time ago. :o:o:o)
Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven Blaack View Post
Well like I said before, they look really good. As usual, you have done an OUTSTANDING job again.

I too was Infantry, HOO-AH!!! If I may ask, where did you do your basic, Harmony Church or Sand Hill? I was in at Harmony Church. (My gods, that was a long time ago. :o:o:o)
Fort Jackson, Tank hill (Water tank not mech). Wooden barracks, pot belly stove, Fire watch, Rifle racks in the middle, US ARMY label (Gold on black) white name tags, colored chevrons (rank), colored unit patches, M-14 rifle, cotton OD uniforms, 3/4 ton trucks. M-48 tanks. My first parachute jumps out of C-119 Box-Car. (My God, THAT was a long time ago!)
Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Eternal Member

Imperial Navy Watercrafts

Making of the ammo lockers. Other variations for the gunners station, is a revolving tub with armor sides or a gun turret. Here are the updates of the LCP.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-113.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-114.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-115.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-116.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-117.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-118.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-119.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-120.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Eternal Member

The LCP is almost finished by all accounts but the best part is comimg up, the details!

The ramp is finished, I was going to make the ramp control out of a chain but decide for cable instead. The ramp is attached and held in the half way position. I wanted to make it operable but the hull has been sealed and I did not want to cut out a panel and place the operating gears inside. Here are the final photos for this sequence and see you all around next posting with more goodies.

The crew, Life preservers, Ropes and things and other such sundries.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-121.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-122.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-123.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-124.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-125.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-126.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-127.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-128.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-129.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 11:38 PM

AMZAING, SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
Your work as always continues to amaze me. The amount of detail that you put into your models is just that, SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Eternal Member

The craft is weathered. Not much on updates, other than the rivets, which was time consuming. The rust is made from a diluted brown ink wash. The LCP was in pristine condition when it arrived into the theater. The caustic polluted waters quickly started to give the craft a rusted look but the effects are only superficial. The structural integrity of the craft is not compromised.

For the rivets, I used a syringe. I discarded the needle due to it getting clogged and I could not get the glue to flow freely. Just a drop at a time to each point of connection and it came out ok.

So much for now, see you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-130.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-131.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-132.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-133.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-134.jpg  

Old 09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Eternal Member

Well, here is the first batch of details, Still have a few more to go and the crew is being prepped as well. I will go to the Hobbit hobby shop and see if I can find a half dressed penitent sister to modify and place her as a sun bathing deck ornament.

The life preservers I scratched built by rolling a thin strip of yellow ochre paper stock. the cross braces were from white paper strips and the hand hold rope from cross stitching thread. The rope cleats came from my boat building bitz box and the tow/port ropes from hemp thread. At the aft section, I drilled six holes and placed cylindrical paper tubes to represent the bilge, gray and black water pipes. Two scratched built anchors not made to traditional standards.

There are still more details to come but I already said that before. Enjoy the build and see you all around the next posting. (It may be an Eldar water attack water craft)
Attached Thumbnails
Warhammer Armor and things.-135.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-136.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-137.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-138.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-139.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-140.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-141.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-142.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-143.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-144.jpg  

Warhammer Armor and things.-145.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-146.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-147.jpg   Warhammer Armor and things.-148.jpg  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 PM

OUTSTANDING and most IMPRESSIVE as always. Again you have done a FANTASTIC job on this model. I am always amazed with the amount of realistic detail that you put into models like this. It does not matter if the model is based on something real or sci-fi/fantasy, you have the ability to make it look believably real. I am looking forward to seeing what more you can do to this.