PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.24 MB
update

another little update....

started working on the legs,working from the ground up of course...

god these feet are BIG!!!!....

im working on bothe left and right at the same time,i have my parts split and the packs labled left and right,i just pick a part,rough cut both left and right,and mark them up,etc etc etc....

ive seen a few saying that photo paper causes various issues for the build but up to yet ive not hit any major problems,maybe its because its just very cheap paper? not sure,

regarding the thickness and it affecting tubes,holes etc,all i do is make the tube first,then find all the parts that that tube has to fit through and make sure i cut the holes to suit,checking all parts while flat before building the parts..

the main issues i'm having so far with the build is design faults..for example on the pic of the part shown below it has been drawn wrong and the tab is overlapping ...on the completed part its shows up clearly if you know where it is lol ...

anyway enough waffle ...here are the pics..

laters folks
Attached Thumbnails
Just another Prime Example ....-error.jpg   Just another Prime Example ....-pict0020.jpg   Just another Prime Example ....-pict0016.jpg   Just another Prime Example ....-pict0018.jpg   Just another Prime Example ....-pict0019.jpg  

Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yeah, I'm also on the feet on mine, too. I just about choked when I saw that the legs were 63 pages each but finally caught my breath when I saw how few parts were on each page.

I actually started laughing when I was assembling the "heel" pieces and noticed how big they were...but yet such a small part of the foot as a whole. GINORMOUS clodhoppers!!

Anyway, things look good for you. And good eye you have for catching that tab...i didn't even notice it. :D
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 AM

update

i'm working up the legs now and am just about up the the knee joints ..no pics on this update sorry as i'm not at home ,am away house sitting for a week .....

made sure i took all the Prime stuff wewith me to continue the build though lol...
Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM

update

ello folks time for an update me thinx....

just working on the legs ..nearly done ...

just the one pic as ive now lost my camera for another week .
Attached Thumbnails
Just another Prime Example ....-jd500022.jpg  
Old 08-22-2010, 09:17 AM

update

still working on the legs on this thing, lots more bits to go on before i move back to the torso...

spoted another error with the design though ...

on the two sets of wheels that go at the top of the legs,on the pics below you can see one side is ok (left leg),but the other side (right leg) has been reflected instead of copied making the writing on the sidewall backwards ...

there are two options for fixing this ,re-print another four pages of the left leg parts and discard all parts apart from the sidewalls,or as i did make a new file with two corrected sidewalls per page ..so you would be printing 2 fresh pages instead of four ...

i'm including the new file with this post ,to admin please remove if needed,not sure on issues with posting the corrected file sorry
Deposit Files
Attached Thumbnails
Just another Prime Example ....-wheel-sidewall-error.jpg   Just another Prime Example ....-ok-wheel-sidewall.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
This is going really well! Makes me want to print it and Bumblebee and build them both. :D
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM

sowwy

just a quick note to say you can now follow the build here Welcome to Facebook

i will of course continue to update here as and when i make some progress on the build ...