PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Intrepid Class Repaint

So I got a little distracted from my Klingon project with this one. Awhile back I built Chippy's Voyager model, and while I was pleased with the shape and construction, as my collection expanded, I decided I wanted something that would fit with my other ships better. I was very close to building Nothing's Voyager, because it would have probably looked quite at home with the rest of my fleet, but I was already familiar with Chippy's, and there were some small things that I wanted to keep consistent within my fleet, which is increasingly based on the texture styles of Zoshou.

Anyway, here are some photos of the model. As you can see, she has folding nacelles and a lot of raised and inset detail, as is becoming my style of building. I sent the parts to Chippy to ask about releasing the model, so far no word.

Here she is compared to the regular version by Chippy. A lot of my dissatisfaction in the old model actually comes from my relatively early build, which didn't look very good compared to a lot of my new models.

Here it is compared to my Durandal model, which was actually influenced a lot by the design of Voyager (if it wasn't obvious). They both have similarly shaped saucers and secondary hulls that are integrated, as well as moving nacelles. They even have the same captain's yacht underneath!

Both in warp configuration.

And compared to my Prometheus model.

Sidewinder also has a copy of this model that he scaled up and is building at 1/1700. Mine is of course in my typical 1/1900 scale. If I do release the model, I intend to make both scales available.
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Hi James!
I like, that you made the nacelles moveble! But the nacelles are still wrong!!! The blue plasma eject is to short! Compare it with original screen shots!

I can not wait for another version of Nothing´s Voyager from Christine_U with a little tiny Delta Flyer:

Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um's Kartonmodell... | Bauberichte | Project Voyager: Texture 3.0

CU
Old 07-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Indeed, I had not realized that before. A change I'll have to make if I release it.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Here, I'll tease you all with a few pictures of another project. Not sure if I'm going ahead on this, may finish off that Ent BoP first.

Anybody want to guess what it is (not you Sidewinder, I already told you what it is).

Its just a prototype of part of the ship to be scanned in and then put through all the regular paces of my model design process, It was just a very organic shape I needed to work out first.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
another NX-01
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 201.55 MB
Nx-01-a u.s.s. Dauntless
Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Fantastic job on the repaint!!! as usual :-)
Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 99.83 MB
Great job!! I've always liked Chippy's Voyager because it's a bit easier than Nothing's, but the bluish textures on it didn't indeed fit to the rest of "the fleet". I can't wait to get that!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 201.55 MB
Actually the bluish color is accurate, the studio model was painted Deckhouse Blue.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
NICE! That looks really good Paragon, Your nacelles from your Cochrane model look the same, you could re-use them for this and they'd be easier to build, which was the only thing stopping me from completing Chippy's Voyager before. I hope you haven't removed the glue tabs like with your other models though. I can't do edge gluing, even with 200gsm paper. I'd prefer nacelles to be built kind of like D-Whales Vor'cha where some parts have a butt joint between sections. His Vor'cha, Clever's Enterprise D, and Shunichi's Enterprise A are the only nacelles I've ever been able to build.
Google Adsense